[Twenty-Four]

"Oliver, no offence, but do I tell you how to sharpen your arrows?" Felicity sassed.

"Damn girl. Leave my boyfriend out of it." Amelia jokingly spoke.

Their laughter was cut short as another broadcast began. This time it was someone called Gavin. He was a local lawyer, and Amelia was sure that she had seen him around.

"Felicity can you lock on his location?" Oliver asked, looming over her shoulder.

"I'm trying to now." The blonde twin mumbled, tapping away on the computer. "I've got it."

"Shut him down." The red head ordered.

"I can't. But I've got an address." Felicity replied.

Oliver looked over her shoulder, his eyes scanning the address before running out of the warehouse.

"Are you going to hood up?" Diggle shouted.

"It's the middle of the day." Oliver hollered in response.

The twins and Diggle watched the camera as they listened to Oliver speaking through their headsets.

"Ollie, do y-you see anything?" Amelia asked, biting her lip.

"Mia, I'm on the first floor." Oliver sighed in response.

He continued to make his way through the floors, checking each office.

"How is it going?" He asked, slightly out of breath.

"His argument is very persuasive." Felicity mumbled.

Panic soon arose, as they realised that they were at the wrong location. Oliver got frustrated and began to roar, but Felicity managed to get a lock on the kidnappers actual location which was just north of where he was. Oliver reached the new location, only to find that it was wrong too.

It was too late. Shots rang out, and there was yet another victim.

"How is he doing this?" Amelia shouted in anger.

She turned to Felicity to see tears streaming down her face.

"Diggle. Leave please." Amelia spoke, surprising everyone that her stutter was not evident in her tone.

"Yeah. Em. Okay. I'm just going to, yep. Bye." He stammered.

Amelia turned to her sister, bringing her into a hug. "How do you deal with this Mia?" She sobbed.

"Lic, sometimes the good guys lose. That's just the way it is."

--

Amelia and Oliver scampered through the underground tunnels of the subway. Upon seeing an oncoming train, Oliver pulled Amelia to the side.

"Thanks." She whispered.

They made their way onto the subway, crashing through the window. Amelia pointed her gun at Joseph, while Oliver pointed his arrow.

"Let him go." Amelia demanded.

"We're the only ones who can save this city. We can't stop you. We're all the same." Joseph spoke.

Oliver shook his head. "No we're not."

"You don't understand how lonely it is. These people they don't deserve a second chance." He argued.

"We understand how lonely it can be Joseph. But if you kill this kid, there will be no second chance for you."

Joseph shook his head, and turned to Roy. Oliver went to release and arrow, but before her could, Amelia's gun went off. The bullet landed straight in his chest. The man's gun clattered to the ground and Oliver glanced at Amelia watching the conflicted expression upon her face.

--

Amelia sat in the chair, her knees curled up and her arms wrapped around them. She had killed before, she knew what she had done. But everything took a tole on her, and she was still working on that. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she jumped slightly.

"We'll get through this together Mia." Oliver whispered, kissing her temple.

Amelia smiled softly at him, nodding. Her eyes glanced up at the map that Felicity had pulled up, and her eyebrows furrowed. She was sure that she recognised it from somewhere.

"Oliver, can I s-see the book." Amelia asked softly.

Oliver knew exactly what book she was talking about and he brought it out of his back pocket, handing it to her. Her fingers skimmed over the pages, until she found what she was looking for. She showed the symbol on the inside of the book, before pointing at the map on the screen.

"It's been in front of us the whole time. Mia love you are a genius. The glades, everything is connected to the glades."

--

A/N

This chapter is short and ugly, and honestly, I don't like it. But... I have a plot twist coming up in the next chapter. *cue evil laughter*