[Twenty-Two]

Oliver finally understood what Amelia meant in her last letter. All it took was a second for Amelia's entire life to be on a tipping scale. It took a minute for them to friends, but years to fall in love and even longer to confess it. But now, in this moment, time meant nothing to Oliver.

The seconds, the minutes, the hours, the days. They all faded into one long stretch of time. Each day brought a new tidal wave of worry, pain and sorrow. It had been two months since the crash, but Oliver felt like years had passed.

He longed for her. Longed for her touch, her laugh, her voice, her kisses. He just longed for her presence.

By this time, Amelia was physically healed. With time, the bruises had faded and the cuts and broken bones had healed. But as the doctors had previously said, they didn't know the extent to her brain damage. She could wake up fine and perfectly able, or she could wake without the ability to talk, walk, or feed herself.

At that moment, Oliver lay on the table in the ware house having a seizure. And Amelia lay in the hospital having a seizure. Doctors rushed to Amelia's side, while Felicity and Diggle rushed to Oliver's.

A couple, both having parallel situations, but both occurring at the same time.

"Clear." The doctors said, leaning over Amelia.

"You didn't say clear." Felicity announced, standing beside Diggle.

"Charing." The doctor spoke, hovering the defibrillator pads over her chest.

"Why isn't it charging?" Felicity groaned.

Both Diggle and the doctor pressed the pads upon their patients chests. Both Oliver and Amelia convulsed before falling, remaining motionless.

"Patient stabilised." The doctor announced as they watched Amelia's heart monitor.

"He's going to be okay. We're lucky we didn't have a heart attack." Diggle laughed to Felicity.

The doctors turned to leave the room, when something caught their attention. Or rather someone.

Amelia Smoak's eyelids snapped open, blinking her eyes several times attempting to adjust to the bright lighting. Doctors swarmed her within seconds, asking questions. Asking who she was, did she know what date it was, who her family were.

But Amelia didn't want to answer questions, she didn't want to talk to them. There was only one person she wanted to talk to, and she didn't know where he was.

"Oliver." She gasped, her words muffled by the oxygen mask.

She tugged at it like a dog would pull at its collar. Doctors fussed over her, and Amelia was getting frustrated. She had so much that she wanted to say, but she couldn't form the words. She wanted to ask about Oliver, about Felicity. She wanted to know how Thea was, but the words wouldn't come out no matter how she tried.

Finally the scene became calm, and the doctors helped Amelia into a sitting position. All the doctors but one left, this one was female, with short blonde hair and green eyes.

She smiled comfortingly at Amelia, and sat in the chair beside her. Squinting her eyes, Amelia came to the conclusion that her name was Dr Waters.

"Hello Amelia, how are you feeling?" She asked, her voice smooth like butter.

Amelia raised an eyebrow at the Doctor and gave her a are-you-stupid look.