[Ten]

Dear Ollie,
Remember before when I said that I was slipping and it was only a matter of time before I fell? Well now I'm plummeting.

I was kidnapped. It was nothing like how it goes in the movies. I didn't have a knight in shining armour to save me. No I had to do it myself.

I had to do things that I'm not proud of to get out of there. But in the end it was either my life or theirs. God, that sounds terrible. The police told me that it was self defence. Which it was. The burned me over and over again with a hot poker. They beat me, until I was black and blue.

So why do I still feel this way?

I told the doctors not to tell Felicity about the burns. She was upset enough with my cuts and bruises, I didn't need to make her feel any worse. The doctors say I'm lucky. They don't know how I survived two weeks.

I don't feel very lucky.

- Mia xx

-

"A jury had found you guilty Mr Declan." Amelia said, folding her hands on the table.

She didn't really know why she had complied to the Vigilantes request, but she came anyway. She had no current cases, and nothing better to do. Peter looked at the photo of his young daughter, not completely listening to Amelia.

"The evidence as stacked against me. I didn't kill my wife. I didn't take my daughters mother away from her." Peter exclaimed, finally looking up at Amelia.

"The murder weapon was a knife from your kitchen, with your fingerprints on it. It was found along with Camille's blood in the trunk of your car. Your neighbours said, they heard an argument that night." Amelia explained.

She didn't see, what she could possibly get out of this case. Every single scrap of evidence pointed to Peter. Maybe the vigilante was off his head. Maybe she was off hers, to actually do as he said.

Peter went on to explain about the fight between him and his wife. Apparently, it was over Jason Brodeur. Camille's had been working for him only to find out that his company had been dumping toxic waste into the glades. Peter told Amelia how his wife had gone and told a supervisor about it, and how he was afraid for his family's safety.

"Izzy started crying. So Camille went and stayed in her room. In the morning I went to apologise and that's, when I found her." He said, his voice soft as he sat back in the chair.

Amelia's eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly as Peter continued his story.

"So I just grabbed Izzy and I ran outside and called 911." He said, his voice breaking. "I'm innocent Miss Smoak." He said, his voice firm.

--

Amelia stared at the case board as she waited for Laurel's father to come back out with the case file. She was intrigued by the entire case, and after listening to Peter, she was sure that he was innocent. And she was determined to prove it.

"Well, I wasn't the lead on this. But from what I can recall, we've got fingerprints, we've got blood, we've got motive." He rhymed off as he leaned against the desk.

Amelia walked towards the desk and sat beside Quentin. "Brodeur seems like the type of guy who would have resources if he needed to frame someone." She commented.

"Mia, in twenty four hours Peter Declan is lying down with a needle in his arm, and he's not getting up. If I thought for a second that we didn't have the right guy, do you think there would be anything else that I would be doing right now, except trying to find out what really happened?" Quentin told Mia, his question rhetorical.