[Thirteen]

Dear Ollie,
Today I graduated from law school. I had the ugly cap and everything. I've been given a placement at Starling Law Firm. I'm actually really excited. This will be a good thing.

Laurel is trying to set me up with one of her friends, and Tommy isn't much better. I'm waiting for them to get the message, but it may take a while.

It was Thea's school play last week. She played Juliet, she was incredible. She had me awake at all hours in the morning, helping her go over lines. Thea told me that Romeo and Juliet was the most epic love story.

But in reality it was a tragedy.

Their love for one another was their weakness. The reason for their demise. I've learned that love, only brings pain. If love were a person, it would watch from the sidelines before choosing its prey. It would choose the weakest, the easiest catch. They're easier to destroy.

But I am not weak. I am not easy to catch. And I will not fall victim to the false security of love.

- Mia xx

--

Mia's hand latched around the door handle of Quentin's office. She was trying to get in to see the files on the vigilante, but she knew that he wouldn't help her willingly. This had meant that she had to sneak in after hours, which was working out well so far.

"Mia, what are you doing here?" The voice of Officer Brandon rang out.

Amelia sighed in relief. Officer Brandon could be persuaded with one simple thing.

Food.

She turned round and smiled. "Hello officer Brandon."

"Shouldn't you be at home?" He questioned.

"Well Quentin just wanted me to pick something up for him, but he has seemed to have forgotten to leave the door open." Amelia lied effortlessly.

"Oh well, I can give him a ring."

"No, no that won't be necessary honest. I just need the door opened, no need to bother Quentin. I don't suppose you could possibly help me?" She smiled.

"Amelia, I don't know." He said nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, I meant to give you this when I visited Quentin earlier." Amelia said with fake surprise. She opened her handbag and brought out a container filled with brownies. "Starling city's finest." She beamed and handed him the container.

He looked at the container in his hands longingly. "Okay, m-maybe just this once."

He fished through his back pocket and pulled out a set of keys. Walking forward, he slid the key into the lock and it clicked open. Amelia grinned at him.

"Thank you officer Brandon. Em, why don't we just keep this between the two of us?" She told him.

Brandon nodded as he walked away, opening the container. Amelia walked into the office, closing the door behind her. She sat down at the desk and began searching through the drawers, until she found the one she wanted. Fortunately, the files were arranged in alphabetically and she easily found the one labeled 'vigilante'.

She opened the file and set it on the table. Scanning through the information, she saw that they had many suspects but Amelia could easily rule them out due to her meetings with the vigilante. Flicking through the pages, her eyes landed on one labeled 'Oliver Queen'.

Oliver Queen aged 27 is the main suspect of the vigilante case. Mr Queen can be connected with few of the attacks, as he has several alibis and witnesses placing him away from the scene of the crime. However, his appearance is the closest match to the vigilantes build. Despite having passed the polygraph, and being dropped of all charges, it is still debated as to whether Oliver Queen is in fact the vigilante.

Amelia read the article with a frown on her face. This was not what she had expected, there was no real evidence or connections. Maybe Oliver wasn't the man in the hood, but Amelia had a gut feeling that he was. Nonetheless, she took pictures of everything on her phone before sliding the file back into the cabinet. She was about to close the drawer when another file caught her eye. This one was labelled, 'Oliver Queen'.

Amelia's hand danced over the top of the file, feeling conflicted. A voice outside of the door shocked Amelia and impulsively, she grabbed the file and shoved it beneath her coat. The door opened to reveal officer Brandon holding his phone.

"You got everything you need?" He asked.

"Yep." Amelia said quickly, and pushed past him. "Thanks again."

--

Amelia paced back and forth, glancing at the file often. She wanted to open the file, but at the same time she didn't. Who knew what secrets it contained, what things Oliver had done. She also felt guilty, as if opening the file would condemn Oliver. Maybe she should just ask him, but would he tell her?

"Goddamit." She shouted in frustration.

She sat down and unlocked her phone, scrolling through the photos that she had taken earlier. She had to have missed something. Amelia went to flick past yet another photo when something stopped her. It was a photo, one that she had not paid any attention to. She zoomed in and waited for the photo to focus. And when it did, Amelia wished it hadn't. It was a photo of Oliver, kneeling at a staircase. A black bag lay at his feet, and a balaclava was in his hands. The date of the photo was in the right hand corner. It was the same date as she was attacked at the prison.

It suddenly all made sense. The police wouldn't of been able to charge him with a simple photo, because it wasn't enough evidence, but Amelia had seen the vigilante up close. She had spoken to him.

Amelia blinked back tears and threw her phone on the bed. She knew it was him. When she met the vigilante, there was something so familiar about him, the way he walked, his build. And the day at the prison, when she heard him talk without the voice scrambler, it was as if her mind was trying to find a name, a connection.

And it clicked.

It was Oliver.

All along. It had been him.

And even after everything, after all that they had been through. He still didn't tell her.