[Nine]

Dear Ollie,
Thea turned thirteen today. I can't believe how much she's grown! I bought her a locket with a photo of the three of us inside it. It was the photo from the day we took Thea to the beach a couple of years ago. You had me in your arms and I had Thea in mine. I don't even know how you managed to hold the both of us!

It was nice though. We kept the traditions up, promise! I stayed over and at midnight we crept out to your headstone.

That was the only thing that was different this year. You weren't there.

Thea smiled a lot today. I think it's probably tbe first time that she's smiled since we've lost you. I smiled too. But even though today was a good day, I can feel myself slipping Ollie. I'm in a downward spiral and I don't know if I can get out.

I don't know if I want to ...

I need some type of release Ollie. I need some way to feel some relief. Felicity understands, she tries to get me to talk, but I refuse each time.

Im slipping Ollie.

And I don't know how much longer I can hold on before I fall.

- Mia xx

--

Amelia stepped out of the front room and stood at the bottom of the stairs, watching Oliver walk up the stairs, unaware of her presence.

"Where were you?" She asked, folding her arms.

Amelia had been planning to come over earlier, to tell Oliver about how she had won the case against Martin Somers. And after she heard about the shooting, she came immediately.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

Amelia could see that he was exhausted. His tie hung limp around his neck and he seemed to be ready to fall alseep on the ground he stood.

"I heard about the shooting, I wanted to see if you were okay." Amelia replied.

"You did?" He asked.

Why did he seem so suprised by that?

"Yeah, I knocked on the door and found a family terrified for you." She told him.

Oliver walked back down the stairs, stopping in front of Amelia.

"They had no idea where you were!" She exclaimed. "I had no idea where you were. Do you know what that feels like? I found out that you were all shot at and then you disappeared. Do you know the thoughts I had?"

Oliver tilted his head and leaned against the banister, not replying.

"You have to think of others, Ollie." She said softly and looked at the ground. Her red hair shielded her face, hiding her facial expression.

She turned to leave, feeling dissapointed but the knot in her stomach had disappeared at knowing that Oliver was okay.

"Mia." He said softly.

Amelia stopped in her tracks, but didn't turn around. She heard him walk towards her and he placed his hand on her arm. Mia closed her eyes and clenched her jaw, she was still not immune to Oliver's touch.

"I'm sorry." He told her.

Amelia turned round and smiled softly at Oliver. His facial expression resembled one of a kicked puppy, begging her to forgive him.

"I know." She said. "Goodnight Ollie."

Oliver smiled, he knew that she wasn't annoyed anymore. Amelia reached up and placed a kiss on his check.