Part 2

That Monday, Ellie walked into Geography with Jasmine with her earphones in and a frown on her face. She detested every inch of Geography, and had no good intentions of being there. The room was half empty and a draft from the far right window entered the classroom sent shivers down Ellie’s spine. They sat down on their table opposite Ellie’s best friend, Chloe. Chloe had been best friends with Ellie since primary school. She had long mousey brown hair and baby blue eyes that made her dark brown eyelashes stand out. She wore extreme amounts of mascara and eyeliner which Ellie thought she didn’t need, but still she seemed to look absolutely beautiful. Next to Chloe sat Will; he was the only boy on the table, usually feeling rather awkward and quiet. He usually just sat there and got on with his work, listening in on the girls conversations. And if he needed help he would just ask the teacher who was in fact Will's father, so he could keep his eye on his growing son. But Will was a high achiever in Geography and never usually needed help anyway.

     “Hey Chloe, can I swap places with you today?” Will asked Chloe,

      Chloe’s eyes lit up at his request as he never usually spoke, so she waved her hands around like a maniac for a few seconds before shrugging and picking up her stuff and moving across the table. “Uh, yeah sure” Chloe answered.

    “Where are you going?” Ellie asked, slightly confused.

    “Somebody wants to sit next to you,” Chloe giggled, winking at her best friend.

     “Thank you so much” Will smiled at Chloe, and sat down in his place besides Ellie.

     “Hi, Will” Ellie said taking out her earphones and placing them into her blazer pocket,

     Will’s eyes widened as he placed his books down on the table, “Hey.”

     “So, you wanted to sit next to me, huh?” Ellie smiled,

     “Sir wants me to help you with your grades, is that alright?” Will questioned.

     “Of course,” Ellie replied. “I need help anyway, and you seem pretty good at this kind of stuff.”

     Will laughed nervously, “Ha-ha, yeah. Well because Mr. Smith is my Father he’s taught me the subject since I started remembering things.”

     “Wait, Sir is your Dad?” Ellie raised an eyebrow in amusement, “Wow, I never knew.”

     “You didn’t?” Will questioned with a smile, “I thought it was a sort of give away, you know, with having the same last name and all?”

     “Well there is millions of Mr. and Mrs. Smith’s right? He could be anyone.” Ellie stated,

     “Ah, very true” Will laughed nodding his head. “It is a very common name.”

     Ellie smiled at Will, “Yeah, it is.”

      Will’s father looked over to him and gave him thumbs up; Will just smiled and looked back at Ellie. He could smell the orange fragrance from her hair that dangled down on her shoulders. Will's smile widened as he stared at Ellie's dark eyelashes that fluttered down at the table as if she felt shy or uncomfortable. Will shook his shoulders back and forth before realizing what he was supposed to be doing which seemed to be helping Ellie with her grades in Geography.

     “So what do you feel like you don’t understand?” Will asked,

     “I’m not very good with where places are, like if you gave me a map, I wouldn’t be able to tell you where Australia is” Ellie replied gritting her teeth.