Part 3

This chapter is dedicated to my English teacher who actually reads Let It Be. He was definitely the best English teacher I've ever had, thank you so much sir. And don't forget to check out the gif of Ellie and Will at the side! Much loveX - Ellie:-)     

 It carried on everyday that week that Will would go over to Ellie’s and help her with her Geography work, and every day she would make more and more progress in the subject she found awfully challenging. But as she promised, on Friday night, Ellie and Will travelled to the cinema together by bus after school. When they arrived, they stood at the back scanning the timetable for the play times of the movies.

     “What would you like to watch?” Will asked Ellie, unsure of what he wanted to watch himself.

     “Up to you, I like anything. And anyway, this is your treat for being so kind to me this past week.” Ellie replied with a smile.

     Will stood in silence for a couple of minutes, still deciding on what movie to watch. And when he came to a conclusion, his head turned to Ellie. “What about that Evil Dead? It’s a remake of the 1981 classic, but that one wasn’t too scary. This one looks great though!” Will concluded, smiling at his decision.

     “Sure, I love horror films” Ellie smiled, agreeing on Will’s choice.

     Will smiled, and took hold of Ellie’s hand. “Evil Dead it is,”

     After lining up for five slow minutes, they bought their tickets, popcorn and drinks; before sitting down in the surprisingly empty movie theatre waiting for the film to begin. The emptiness of the theatre made the atmosphere even scarier, so they didn’t stay silent while waiting for the movie to begin, but when it did, all focus was on the cinema screen. Ellie offered to pay for all of it, (the tickets, the popcorn and the drinks) as it was a thank you to Will. And so she did; even though it took a good going at Will to let her pay for him.

     During the film, Ellie became terrified and covered her eyes with the palms of her hands.

     “Hey you, are you scared?” Will said,

     Ellie nodded, not taking her hands away from her eyes.

     “Come here,” Will laughed,

     He put his arm around Ellie’s shoulder and hugged her; now and again Ellie would hide her head in his shirt. She found it comforting and relaxing, and she felt less alone sat in a movie theatre filled with about five people.

     After the film they walked out of the cinema satisfied, standing side by side.

     “This was nice,” Ellie smiled, staring into the starry sky above of them.

     “It really was. What did you think of the film?” Will asked,

     “It was pretty good! Missed a lot of it though because I kept hiding” Ellie giggled.

     “Aw, it wasn’t that scary. I thought you liked horror films!” Will smiled,

     “I guess not, not on the big screen anyway.” Ellie replied, “What did you think of it?”

     “Well let’s just say it’s scarier than the original, a hundred times scarier in fact.” Will answered with a little laugh, “Thanks for doing this for me.”

     “You deserve a good day out after all that hard work. I mean, trying to teach me stuff is like trying to get blood out of a rock. It probably isn’t going to happen.” Ellie said,

     Will put his palm on the side of Ellie’s face, and he caressed her cheek gently.

     “I had a really good night, Will. We should do this again.” Ellie said sweetly,

     Will became lost in Ellie’s sparkling blue eyes which reflected the stars above, “Definitely,” he nodded.

     That sound of an engine roared from beside of them, causing Will’s head to turn. In front of them was Will’s dad pulled up in his car waiting. Will’s hand fell from Ellie’s face back down to his side, and he kissed her softly on the cheek – smelling the same orange fragrance in her hair that he had smelled only a few days earlier.

     Will’s Father beeped a couple of times, catching Will’s attention once again. He opened the car door and stood for a few seconds with his eyes fixed on Ellie.

      “I’ll see you on Monday,” Will said with a wave before getting into the car,

     Ellie half-smiled, “I’ll see you on Monday” 

     Will’s Father looked past Will and at Ellie with a casual smile, rolling the window down. “Need a lift home, sweetie?” He offered.

     “It’s okay Mr. Smith, my Mum will be here any minute.” Ellie replied, “Thank you for the offer though.”

     “No problem, don’t forget to bring that homework in on Monday!” Will’s Father chuckled,

     Ellie saluted him and let out a slight laugh, “I won’t,” She said, “I promise.”

     “Bye, Ellie” He said, putting his car in drive.

     “Bye, Mr. Smith” Ellie replied,

     Will smiled and rolled the window back up, and all she could see before Mr. Smith drove away was Will whispering ‘bye’ to her behind the glass. Ellie’s heart fluttered for a few moments and just as it stopped, her Mother parked up beside where she was standing.

     “How was the movie, honey?” Her Mum questioned,

     “It was amazing,” Ellie answered happily.