Part 18

This chapter is dedicated to one of my best friends', Becky. Who features me in one of her brilliant stories, 'A One Direction Surprise'. Go read now! Her username is: BeckyHowarth. Love you loads girl! Keep up the great work:-)

Anyway, hope you enjoy this chapter and I'm sorry for the long wait! Much loveX - Ellie:-)

 I love the way she smiles, the way her hair falls perfectly on her shoulders. I love how the big grin on her face appears when she laughs. I love her.

     Will lay in bed looking up at the ceiling, he played calming music such as Ben Howard and ALT-J as he was thinking endlessly. He felt like his mind was going to explode.

     No. I do not love Ellie. I don’t even think I know the meaning of ‘love’...

     Will was wrong. Oh, so wrong. He’d been a hopelessly romantic since a young age. Usually it’s the girls who are the romantic ones, but Will had always been a fan of the word love.

     He was five years old, and everything was perfect. For a while Will was living the dream, loving his silly little life, until Christmas day that year.

     He was in tucked in bed, and it was a snowy Christmas Eve night. As every child is, he was overly excited about the presents he would be opening the next morning. He heard loud noises coming from downstairs. “Santa Clause?” He said to himself in an excited tone.

     Without hesitation he jumped out of bed and hopped down the stairs. He stopped at the fifth step, and peeped through a gap. He saw no Santa Clause, he didn’t hear crunching from the cookies, and he didn’t even hear slurping from the milk.

     He saw his parents, Zoey and Harry. They were screaming at each other, tears ran down Zoey’s tender face. Will sat in horror as he saw his Father hold up a knife to his Mother’s throat.

     “No, Harry, please; what would you tell William if you killed me?” Zoey cried.

     “William doesn’t need to hear of this,”

     Before Harry could place the knife against Zoey’s skin, Will let out a loud cry. They both turned to their five year old son and both their jaws dropped in shock to see he had witnessed everything.

     Harry put the knife away, while Zoey walked over to Will; picking him up.

     “I’m taking him to bed, then going to bed myself. You can sleep down here tonight,” Zoey sighed before walking up the stairs.

    Zoey believed that was partly the cause of his future depression and ever since that night, Will knew how he wanted to treat his girl. He wanted her to feel safe and secure with him, and always remember how much he loves her. But he also realized how much he detested his Father.

*                                            *                                         *

     “I’m finally over Will,” Ellie said to Chloe, sitting on a canteen table at break. It’s the second to last week of school before summer, and it’s half the way through the week already.

     Chloe spat out her hot chocolate, “You’re what?”

     “I’m finally over Will,” Ellie repeated.