Part 11

The weekend flew by, and it was finally Monday again. Will woke up earlier than usual and felt ready for the day ahead. He rubbed his sleepy eyes and walked into the bathroom. He washed his face and brushed his teeth, sprayed himself with aftershave and deodorant before strolling back into his room like a zombie to change into clean underwear and his school uniform.

     “Will,” His Father called up to him,

     “Yes, Dad” Will replied.

     “Are you almost ready? I need to leave early today to attend a meeting,” His Father asked,

     “No, go without me Dad. I’ll just catch the bus,” Will answered.

     “Okay, son; see you later,” Harry said before exiting the house, closing the door behind him.

     Fifteen minutes later when Will was finally ready, he headed down stairs to grab something to eat. The house was empty, and only Will was present. He picked up his money off the counter, a drink to keep him hydrated and an apple for his breakfast. He left for the bus at 7:45AM, as he only lived across the road from it.

     When it arrived, he jumped on and ran up to the upstairs seats. He scanned the top half of the bus, and his eyes landed on one person in particular, Ellie.

     “Hey, Will.” A voice called,

     Will turned his head to the voice, where he saw James sat with his arm wrapped around Chloe; with his other new friends’ sat beside him. Will walked over to them, as Ellie looked fine sat beside her sister, Jasmine.

     Will did his hand shake with James, before sitting down opposite him.

     “Didn’t think you’d be getting the bus anymore,” James said,

     “Dad’s got a meeting, had to be out early.” Will replied.

     “Ah, I see.” James nodded,

     “Yeah,” Will smiled, looking over his shoulder at Ellie.

     “Who are you looking at?” Chloe cocked an eyebrow, and Will turned back round to see her curious face.

     “No one,” Will shrugged,

     “Whatever,” Chloe laughed, resting her head on James’ shoulder. “You still like Ellie.”

     “Come on Chloe, she’s old news.” James replied, shaking his head at her statement.

     “Yeah,” Will lied agreeing, “Old news.”

     The bus journey was longer than Will was used to, as the driver had to stop on the way there. There was a silence between Will and his friends’, but it wasn’t an awkward type of silence; it was calm and Will liked it.

     By the time they arrived at school, it was 8:20AM. Will waited till the bus was empty so he could get off. There were still a couple of people still on; himself, James and Ellie.

     “You coming, Will?” James asked,

     “Yeah, one moment.” Will replied, standing up from his seat, walking over to where Ellie was sat.

     “Okay, man. Don’t be long,” James gave him a thumb up before heading down the stairs to leave the bus.

     Will sat in the seat behind Ellie, and tapped her shoulder before letting out a little voice.

     “Hey,” He said.

     Ellie turned around to him, “Oh, hi.”

    “How are you?” He asked,