Part 6

TThe next day, the sun rose at the earlier hour of 5:45AM, and the sun shone brightly through the white, crisp curtains in the villa. Despite the blinding sunlight, the Wardle family and Will only got out of bed at seven and left the villa to head out to the City by eight.

     “I want to go shopping,” Jasmine snapped, demanding what to do on the clear, beautiful day.

     “We are looking around, Jas. Maybe we can go shopping later on,” Ellie’s Father Joe replied,

     “Uh, okay” She said with a moan, before resting her head on the palm of her hand.

     They drove by so many perfect scenes, which made all of them speechless. People roller-skated by the beach, some were even walking dogs on their skates – and although it was only eight in the morning the City was bright and alive. Ellie took pretty photos with her iPhone of the stunning beach-side views; and then also took photos of her and Will; on some they pulled stupid faces and looked absolutely ridiculous, but on most they just smiled and showed how happy they really were that they were there in Miami.

     “Oh god, someone grab me a bucket; quick” Jasmine stuck a finger down her throat, gagging at Ellie and Will.

     Ellie nudged her, “Oh shut up, just because you don’t have a boyfriend.”

    “I don’t care about having a boyfriend; I’m not a raging slut like you.” Jasmine scowled,

    “Girls, please don’t argue. We’re on holiday; we’re going to have a good time. Ok?” Ellie’s Mum said in an average tone.

     Ellie and Jasmine glared at each other, “Ok.” They turned away from each other in anger, and didn’t bother even looking back.

     “...And she’s not a slut,” Will said putting his arm around Ellie’s shoulder.

     “Shut up, Will.” Jasmine swore,

     “Jasmine Leigh Wardle, we do not accept rudeness to guests in this family!” Her Father shouted.

     “He’s winding me up!” Jasmine grunted, crossing her arms.

     “Just ignore him, honey.” Her Mum turned round to her, and patted her on the shoulder. Jasmine pushed her hand away viciously, so her Mother turned back round.

    The clock had stricken half twelve, and everyone’s stomach started to grumble ferociously.

Ellie’s Father, Joe laughed to himself, “You guys hungry?” He asked,

     “Yeah,” They all replied, hugging their stomachs, trying to prevent the rumbling nose.

     “Why don’t we go to McDonalds? You know, as a treat because we’re on holiday,” He recommended, nodding his head from side to side.

     “Oh my god, yes.” Ellie squealed, with a huge smile on her face.

     “Yeah, thanks Dad!” Jasmine smiled.

     “No problem, girls.” He smiled, “What do you think, Will?”

     “Sure, I’d love a McDonalds!” Will answered as he sat staring down at Ellie, knowing it would make her happy to hear that.

*                                            *                                         *

     They stop off at the nearest McDonalds, and parked up in one of the last remaining spaces; before walking into the Fast Food Restaurant and ordering.