Part 19

This chapter is dedicated to my boo, my best friend, my nigget.. This chapter is dedicated to Jasmine Fletcher! She's been reading it from the beginning and is one amazing girl. Love you lots boo, your wish has been granted! Hope you enjoy! Much loveX -Ellie:-)

Max walked Ellie home after school, standing by her side with a lit up smile on his face. Ellie’s cheeks were flushed with redness and she couldn’t stop smiling. Her long blonde hair was brushed back into a slick pony tail, and it blew swiftly in the wind. Max admired her makeup free skin on her face, and felt butterflies enter his stomach dramatically. The path started to slim and Max started to shake nervously, as Ellie slowly got closer and closer to him.

     “Are you okay?” Ellie questioned with a smile,

     Max nodded, “Yes,”

     She raised her eyebrows, “You sure?”

     “Yep,” He smiled,

     “God Max, are you only giving me a one word answer for every question I ask?” Ellie laughed.

     “Nope,” Max replied, before bursting out laughing as he realised he did it again.

     Max slid his hand into his pocket, leaving an oval shape hole where Ellie slid her arm through. Max looked down, and began to blush. The butterflies in his stomach began to feel like gorillas.

     Ellie giggled slightly, “Why are you blushing?”

     “I’m blushing?”

     “Yes,” Ellie smiled,

     “Oh,” His cheeks flushed a darker red. “I don’t know.”

     “Aw,” Ellie grinned ecstatically, “I got you out of the one word answers!”

     Max laughed, and looked down at the floor happily. Ellie stared at Max’s perfect toned face. And once she looked away, Max looked at her, with a huge smile on his face.

     They arrived at Ellie’s, so Ellie released her arm from the gap between Max’s arm and his blazer and shirt, covering his stomach.

     “Well, I’m home!” Ellie said joyfully, “Thank you for walking with me. It means a lot.”

     “No problem at all,” Max replied.

     And in that moment stood silence. They stared into each other’s eyes, that both glittered with the colour of blue. Suddenly, without hesitation, both Ellie and Max leaned in to kiss each other’s lips. Softly, their lips motioned in sync. Ellie felt Max’s smile on her lips as they kissed, that made her smile herself. But Max pulled away first, taking hold of her hand.

     “I’ll see you tomorrow,” He smiled with a promise, walking down the drive.

     “I’ll see you tomorrow.” Ellie replied, opening her house door; only just realising what had just happened.

     But she felt nothing... No emotion, nothing pulling her towards Max for more. It was the complete opposite to what she got with Will. It just didn’t feel right.

     Maybe I am a lesbian. Ellie thought to herself, as she lay down on her bed. No, I don’t think so. I can hardly put up with girls, let alone fancy them.

     Ellie laughed to herself about her crazy thoughts, and back in Max’s mind, he felt the same way.

     Nothing, he thought. I felt nothing. Maybe she isn’t the one for me. Maybe this is just a phase... Yeah, will be just a phase.

     There was a knock on Ellie’s bedroom door before a voice called Ellie’s name.

     “Enter,” Ellie said, like she was in some sort of Royalty based film.

     Jasmine walked in, still wearing her school uniform; as so was Ellie. She sat on Ellie’s bed next to Ellie, and placed her left arm behind her for support.

     “Will called,” She started,

     “Yeah,” Ellie replied bluntly.

     “And he asked for you,”

     “Yeah,”

     “And that’s it.”

     Ellie sighed, “Seriously, is that all you wanted to tell me?”

     Jasmine nodded, “I felt you needed to know, so you can call him back or something.”

     “Okay, you can leave the lair now.” Ellie said proudly, adding on to her royalty theme.

     “Lair...” Jasmine laughed, “Who are you? Harry Potter?”

     “You never know, I could be.” Ellie winked at her twin,

     Jasmine stood up on to her feet, “Ok, okay.”

     She left the room shaking her head in laughter. Ellie was still in the same position, lay on her bed. She looked over at her iPhone that sat on her desk beside her.

     Should I call him? What does he want? Stupid geography tutor... Uh, I hate geography, you know? Oh my god, I have only like three lessons of geography left until I finish school forever... Yes! Then off to college I go.  No more geography, no more geography tutor, no more Will!

     No more Will...

     Come on Ellie, do you really want that?

     Ellie just stared at her phone for at least five minutes straight before stretching her arm out to pick it up. She dialled Will’s number, and waited, and waited, and waited.

      He picked up finally, and sounded over the moon to hear Ellie’s calm voice.

     “Jasmine said you called for me earlier,”

     “Yes,” Will said, “I need to ask you something.”

     “Go on...” Ellie replied,

     “James is having a party on Saturday, and you’re invited. Want to come?” Will asked.

     “Yeah, sure” Ellie said hesitantly, “I’d love to.”

     “Great,” Will said in a cheerful tone, “See you tomorrow.”

     The next day was Friday and probably one of the fastest days of the week. All the good lessons in one day, meaning the lessons felt like ten minutes long rather than fifty. So when it was finally over, Ellie was relieved and slightly excited for James’ party the next day. When she sat on the sofa at home after school, her eyes stared at her phone as she clicked on to Will’s number, and she texted him.

     Ellie: Hey, Will. Sorry to bother you, but why is James having a party?

     Five minutes later, the reply came through from Will.

     Will: No worries, Elle. James likes to have fun, and thought having a party would be lots of it. James said don’t wear one of your boring band t-shirts and some jeans, he said it’s going to be a proper party so wear a dress or something. I never usually see you wear dresses.

     Ellie’s eyes widened at Will’s text.

     Is he hinting me to dress like a slut or something? I guess it’s time to play with his mind, ha-ha. Ellie thought to herself evilly, before heading upstairs to her Mum’s wardrobe; searching for one of her Mum’s old teen dresses she wore when she was younger that were all pretty short and potentially ‘slutty.’

     After trying to decide between three dresses for over an hour, she finally picked a short, black dress that was literally tiny and was obviously going to be a bit tight on her. She hid it in the back of her wardrobe with a pair of black studded heels and a thin silk cardigan, ready for the party the next night.