Part 14

Friday finally arrived, and Will was overly excited about the night ahead. He woke up with a lit up smile, beautiful and confident. The day passed quickly as he walked through the halls with his head up high, he seemed to high five everyone he walked by, and today just seemed to be a great day.

    “Man, what’s gotten into you?” James asked,

    Will just smiled and changed the subject completely, “You going to the fair tonight?”

    “Yeah, with Chloe; are you?” James replied,

    “Yeah, with Ellie.” Will said with a toothy smile.

    “No way man...that geek?” James grinded his teeth together,

    “Since when was Ellie a geek...” Will cocked an eyebrow,

    “Well she’s never really had many friends has she,” James shrugged.

    “That doesn’t make her a nerd, idiot,” Will said, “And I’m her friend,”

    James laughed with his hand placed over his mouth, “Okay, man. But don’t come running back to me when you’ve lost your reputation for hanging out with a loser.”

    “Oh, I won’t.” Will smiled, before walking away from his newly big-headed best friend.

     Even after hearing his best friend’s rude remarks, Will still feels great and positive about arriving to the fair with Ellie. Yes, she doesn’t have a lot of friends’; but to Will, that didn’t matter. He was her friend, and that was all that mattered to him.

The bell rang and the day was over. Will shot up out of his seat and packed away as fast as he could to meet his Dad outside A Block, the building with the classes that are for English lessons, History, R.S, and obviously Geography. His Dad exited the building happily, it seemed himself and Will were both having a pretty good day.

     “Hello son,” Harry smiled, patting Will on the back.

     “Hi Dad,” Will replied,

     “How was your day?” He asked, walking towards his car with Will trailing behind.

     “Good, how was yours?” Will smiled, jumping into the vehicle.

      “Pretty good thank you,” Harry replied,

      Harry pushed his key into the hole of the car’s wheel, and twisted it around. They both heard the engine roar, and the car had started.

     “So you’re going to the fair tonight, yes?” Harry asked,

     “Yeah,” Will smiled, thinking of Ellie.

     “Want me to drop you off?” He offered,

     “No thanks,” Will replied, knowing his father didn’t approve of Ellie. “Mum already offered; I’m sure she’s still fine with it.”

     “Okay, son; I’ll give you some money when we get home.” Harry smiled,

     “Thanks Dad,” Will smiled back.

When they arrived at home, Will jumped out of the car in excitement and jogged to the front door where his Mum was stood wearing a white frilly apron with cartoon strawberries on.

     “I made something for you both, I hope you like it.” Zoey smiled,

     “Oh, honey. You shouldn’t have,” Harry shook his head, before kissing his wife’s forehead.

     “It’s ok, I wanted to.” She told, “I’m in an amazing mood today,”

     “Aren’t we all,” Will chuckled,

     Zoey giggled, “Maybe something good has happened that we don’t know about.”

    “Maybe,” Will replied,

    “Well come on then, get inside.” Zoey shook her hands, motioning for Will and Harry to enter the house. And so they did.

    God... Someone’s eager. Will thought to himself, laughing,

     “Wahl-la,” Zoey said with a smile, pointing at all the cookies she had baked.

     “Wow, Mum,” Will gasped, “They look amazing! Can I have one?”

    “Of course, tuck in.” She replied,

    Will walked over to the table where they had been placed, and picked up a big chocolate coated cookie; before taking a big bite into it.

     Will eyes widened, “Wow, these are...”

    “Delicious,” Ellie said; chomping on a chocolate cake for her desert after her dinner at 5PM. Ellie was having her dinner early, as she became excited for the fair that was in an hour’s time. Obviously not as excited as Will was, but excited enough.

    “Wow, you’re right.” Jasmine said stuffing it in like she hadn’t ever eaten before.

    “Thought it’d be nice for a Friday night,” Mike smiled, taking his own small piece of cake.

    “You are the best Dad ever!” Ellie squealed, before taking her last bite.

    “Come on Ellie, we better get you ready for your date.” Jasmine winked at Ellie, before pulling her away from the dining table.

     “It’s not a date, we’re going as friends.” Ellie corrected,

    “Yeah, yeah.” Jasmine rolled her eyes, running upstairs to Ellie’s bedroom.

     Jasmine was planning on choosing Ellie’s outfit, doing her hair and her makeup. Oh what a sister...