Part 7

A week went by, and Will and Jasmine were finally learning to get along. They had talked a few times without arguing about how idiotic each other and they shared a piece of toast only a couple of days ago. Progress was definitely being made between the two. Unfortunately, only five days were left in the dream town of Miami before travelling back to the rainy climates of the UK, and these final days left were precious. Things definitely had to get done.

     “Ellie, Jasmine, Will!” Caroline called upstairs to the lazy teens, “Breakfast is ready!”

     Ellie and Will made their way down stairs, slowly, sluggishly and tiredly. Even though it was 10:30AM, they were both still in their pyjamas and couldn’t stop yawning.

     “Did you have a late night last night or something?” Ellie’s Dad questioned, looking at the terrible two in confusion. Ellie was never tired in the morning.

     “We had a sleepover,” Will laughed, staring at Ellie’s frizzy, un-brushed hair.

     “Don’t laugh at me, Will.” Ellie grinned, “I know I look terrible in the morning,”

     Will smiled, “I think you look fine,”

     “Whatever,” Ellie laughed sitting down at the dining table.

     Caroline placed breakfast down in front of them, “Bon appetite.” The plates were filled with bright colours from yellows to greens and from browns to reds. It was a full English breakfast, and surprise crossed both Ellie and Will’s faces.

     Ellie’s shocked face soon brightened up. She hadn’t had a English Breakfast since the last half term holiday from school, and she felt extremely happy when she noticed her parents had gone to the trouble of making her one that morning. No wonder they wanted them to come down after putting hard work into cooking an eye-catching breakfast.

     “I love you guys so much,” Ellie said, chomping on a sausage.

     “We love you too,” Ellie’s Father, Joe said, hugging his wife Caroline.

     “I’ve got to say Caroline; this is one incredible Full English.” Will smiled, nodding his head with approval.

     “Aw, thank you, Will.” Caroline smiled back. “I try my best.”

     Minutes later, Jasmine entered the dining room. Her eyes remained half shut and she walked like a zombie. She looked even more tired than Ellie and Will who arrived in the dining room just over five minutes ago.

     “Would you like a coffee, Jas?” Joe asked, laughing at her facial expression which was un-moveable.

     “That would be amazing, thank you.” Jasmine replied as a mumble.

     “How about you two, would you both like a coffee?” Joe questioned, “Sorry for not asking beforehand.”

     “No thanks,” They both said, before looking at each other and chuckling.

     “I’m fine with this lovely fresh orange juice, thanks” Ellie smiled,

     “Okay, one coffee coming up” Joe finally said before leaving the dining room.

     Jasmine sat down the table and started scoffing in toast, even though she was shattered her appetite hadn’t reduced at all.

     “You’re so attractive in the morning,” Ellie laughed, scanning Jasmine’s whole worn-out face.