Part 10

Monday, the first day back after spring break; Ellie woke up bright and early at 7AM. She pressed down on her alarm clock and sighed. Bags under her eyes were formed and she was much too tired for school.

     Well here it goes. She thought to herself, sliding out of bed.

     In the Smiths’ house hold, Will was up two minutes later. Here we go. Will thought.

     Will strolled into the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his greasy skin. He splashed the water in his face, and then looked up in the mirror at himself. His phone bleeped, he looked over at it on a towel on the floor. Ellie’s name popped up with a text message.

     ‘See you in Geography, jerk.’ It read, Will frowned and tried to ignore her upset remarks.

     “I thought she didn’t want to talk to me ever again,” Will said to himself.

     His Mum walked past, “What was that honey?” She asked,

     “Oh, nothing; morning Mum” Will half smiled up at her.

     “Morning,” She replied making her way downstairs with a coffee in her cold palms.

    Once Ellie was done with her makeup, the clock struck 7:30.

     “Jasmine,” Ellie called,

    “Yes Elle?” Jasmine replied.

     “You ready to leave?” Ellie asked,

    “Almost,” Jasmine answered fluttering her eyelashes as she coated them with mascara.

    When she was happy with the length, she picked up her school bag and followed Ellie downstairs. They grabbed a breakfast bar, money and drink before leaving for school.

     They jumped on a bus and headed to school.

     “Can’t believe how fast the holidays have gone,” Jasmine sighed,

     “Tell me about it.” Ellie replied looking round the bus.

     Jasmine raised an eyebrow and tried to work out where Ellie was looking. She finally gave up, “What are you looking for?”

     “N...Nothing,” Ellie stuttered,

     “Are you sure?”

     “Positive.” Ellie lied,

      “Okay,” Jasmine looked away from her sister curiously.

     Will got dropped off at school by his Dad. They parked up in the staff parking area, and Harry left his staff permit at the window before exiting the car with his son.

     “See you in first period, son.” Harry said messing up Will’s hair,

     Will tried to get it back in place, “Bye,” He replied.

    Ellie’s bus finally arrived at the big, cream coloured building. She picked up her bag from behind her head and slid it on to her back. She pushed a piece of hair behind her ear before climbing off the bus, and looking straight ahead, she breathed heavily.

     Breathe Ellie, breathe. She kept repeating to herself.

     She entered the building, and her heart was pumping vigorously; it felt like it was going to pop out of her chest any minute.