Part 4

Monday came by as quick as a bullet and in her dreaded lesson of Geography, Ellie got her paper back from a test she did the week before.

     “What did you get?” Chloe asked curiously with an excited expression on her face,

     Ellie’s eyes widened as she picked up her paper, “I got a B!”

     “Well done, Ellie” Will smiled, clapping his hands silently.

     Ellie wrapped her arms around Will and hugged him tight, “Thank you so much, Will. I wouldn’t have done it without you.” She smiled back, “What did you get?”

     “I got a B too” Will answered, “Can’t wait to get home and talk to my Dad about how I could have done better.”

     Ellie raised her eyebrows and remained silent; he looked down at the floor and laughed a little. “I’m joking,” He said.

     “Oh, sorry.” Ellie blushed, “I thought you were being serious...”

     “No, no, no. I guess I get my sense of humour of my Dad himself.” Will laughed,

     “Maybe,” Ellie laughed back.

     “Hey, I was joking!” Will said as he began teasing Ellie,

     Ellie winked, “I think you better start coming up with better jokes then,”

     They sit there in hysterics, teasing and joking about things that don’t matter; acting like fools in love which were actually only friends who liked to have a laugh.

     “He so likes you,” Jasmine whispered to Ellie from across the table,

     “No, he doesn’t.” Ellie cheeks turned red.

     “Look at how cute he’s being with you. Trust me, he likes you.” Jasmine whispered again,

     Ellie just smiled and tried to reduce the redness from her cheeks with makeup.

     Will's father glared at Ellie, "Please can you put that foundation away, Miss Wardle?" 

“Sorry sir,” Ellie said slipping the circle container back into her blazer pocket,

     “Thank you,”

     At lunch, Ellie skipped eating and went to find Chloe. She found her with Will’s best friend, James outside behind the bike sheds; but Will was nowhere to be seen. Ellie shivered as the freezing cold bites her skin. God knows why they were stood out here in the frost.

     “Hey, um, Chloe…” Ellie started,

     “Oh hi, Ellie” Chloe replied.

     “James,” Ellie nodded at James,

     “Ellie,” James nodded back.

     “What do you want?” Chloe asked viciously,

     “Gosh, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.” Ellie sighed, Chloe didn’t reply. “I was just wondering, where’s Will?”

     “Haven’t seen him since this morning, sorry Elle” James said,

     “Oh, thanks anyway”

    Where on Earth is he? She thought. Why do I even want to know where he is?

     Well he was in Geography this morning, so he should be in school. He was absolutely fine too, so he must not have gone home.