Part 21

“No fucking way,” Chloe’s jaw dropped in shock. “Can’t you make up your mind? Are you crazy? We have one week left of High School before we head off to college and leave each other and you’re telling me now?”     

All the questions overwhelmed Ellie, and she just didn’t know how to answer or which question to answer first.     

Chloe nudged her, “Are you going to talk?!”     

Ellie blinked a few times, and then looked at her best friend. “Sorry,” She apologised.     

“Now are you going to answer me?” Chloe cocked an eyebrow,     

“Yeah, ask me the questions again. But this time slower...” Ellie nodded.     

“Can you not make up your mind between Max and Will?” Chloe questioned once again,     

“I kissed Max the other day, and it just didn’t feel right.” Ellie answered. “So he’s out of the equation.”     

Chloe gasped, “You kissed him?!”     

“Yes, next question please.” Ellie replied,     

“Ok, okay. Are you crazy?”     

Ellie laughed, “No, I’m not crazy. But my hormones are everywhere.”     

Chloe laughed too, but a lot louder than Ellie. “Ha-ha, ok...Last question, so we have one week left of High School before we head off to college and you’re telling me now?”    

  “I know, I know.” Ellie shook her head, “But I’ve only just realised my mistake, and now I understand. I understand that I’m meant to be with Will, like you’re meant to be with James.”     

“Aw,” Chloe said, placing her hand on her heart. “When are you going to tell him?”     

Ellie sighed heavily, “Geography on Monday, I promise.”     

“Ok, you’ve promised now so you have to.” Chloe smirked,     

“I will,” Ellie nodded.      

Chloe squealed and pulled a massive smile at Ellie, Ellie just laughed and smiled back.       

Monday, last week of school; 8AM, sunny and bright... The day Ellie has to spill to Will. It’s been three months since they broke up, and even though feelings changed during the time, they never stopped falling for each other.     

We shouldn’t fall in love, but just love. Because anything that falls gets broken.     

It’s true. Unless it’s a Blackberry or Nokia phone, anything will break.     

As always, Ellie wore light makeup and a few strokes of the mascara brush. She put on her school uniform and blazer that was slightly too big for her, and slipped her ballerina shoes on. Will combed his hair to the side, and did up his tie before slipping on his thick, black school shoes. They both got the same bus, as Will decided not to travel with his Dad anymore; but they didn’t even try to talk to each other once. Maybe Ellie was nervous... Maybe Will was tired... Whatever it was, it wasn’t going to last much longer.      

The bell rang for first period. Nerves built up inside Ellie incredibly.     

This is it. She thought, walking through the classroom door.

She peered over to where Will was sat and noticed the empty seat. He is in, isn’t he? I swear I saw him on the bus...     

She sat down as soon as she reached the table, and placed out her book on the table. Jasmine was sat beside her but had earphones in her ears and she was lip-singing to some music. A couple minutes later, Chloe walked in with Will. She raised a thumb up to Ellie and Ellie’s cheeks flushed with red as she knew why she did it. Will was there, right there. Stood beside her best friend...Walking towards the table she was sat at. Her hands started to shake crazily as she placed them down on the desk with a black pen in her right. Will sat down with a smile.