10 Unbelievable yet True Stories

Dedication goes to PlatinumButler for not only proposing the topic but also sending in facts 91-94! Thanks so much! You made research a lot easier for me!

_______

91. People's feet actually can get stuck in escalators. There have been multiple cases of broken toes, ankles, and even amputated feet! I guess going by escalators will never be the same childish joy as before...

92. A woman actually came back from the dead! She had a heart attack and was proclaimed dead later that day. She woke up at her funeral, and it was so shocking she died yet again!

93. Multiple people got phone calls from dead friends and relatives. Not just people calling from their phones, but the people themselves. It was never too long after death, but it was still extremely creepy!

94. There was a man in Japan who had a homeless woman secretly living in his small closet for one year! The man only noticed something was wrong when he realised food from the fridge was missing.

95. In 2002, two motorists called the police because they saw a car veering off the street. The police discovered a car concealed in dense undergrowth and the long-dead driver nearby. It turned out the crash had actually happened 5 months earlier, when the driver had been reported missing by his brother.

96. On her grandparents' wedding anniversary, 10-year old Laura Buxton released a helium filled balloon attached with a note asking the finder to write back. She received a reply 10 days later after the balloon had been found by another Laura Baxton, living 140 miles away. Both had three year old black Labradors, a guinea pig, and a rabbit.

97. In July 1992, a 9-year-old Chinese girl was carried away by a whirlwind when she played outside. Miraculously, she survived the incident and was placed unhurt in a tree two miles away by the whirlwind.

98. When on holiday a woman was told by two voices in her head to immediately return home. Back in London, the voices gave her the address of a hospital's brain scan department. The voices further wanted her to ask for a scan because she apparently had a brain tumour. Although she didn't show any symptoms, she could arrange a scan and she indeed had a tumour. After the operation, the woman heard the voices one last time saying, 'We are pleased to have helped you. Goodbye.' The woman fully recovered.

99. A terrible diet and a room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man who was killed by his own gas. There was no mark on his body, but an autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system, police said. His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage (and a couple of other things). It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing from the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed. Had he been outside or had his windows been opened, it wouldn't have been fatal. But the man was shut up in his near-airtight bedroom. He was "a big man with a huge capacity for creating [this deadly gas]," a police representative said. Three of the rescuers even got sick and one was hospitalized.

100. The croatian music teacher Frane Selak cheated on death seven times. In 1962, a train Selak travelled on jumped the rails and fell into an icy river. Everybody drowned, except him - he made it to the riverbank with hypothermia and a broken arm.

One year later, he was thrown out of a plane: Everybody died, excpet him - he landed in a haystack.

In 1966, the bus he was on fell into a river, four people drowned, of course, not Selak.

In 1970 and 1973, his car caught on fire two times, once the interior and once the exterior, and even exploded but he (of course) survived. He was also knocked down by a bus but survived with only minor injuries.

In 1996, he drove on a street in the mountains and crashed through the barrier. He jumped out of the car window, though, and landed in a tree - the car hit the bottom and exploded.

Oh, and lastly, he won 600,000 pounds with his first lottery ticket ever.