Facts about Being Cold

324. Shivering tightens the skin and shakes the muscles as a process that generates heat.

325. Your body preserves heat by favoring your internal organs which reduces the flow of blood to your fingers and toes which is the reason why fingers and toes freeze off first.

326. Being cold sets fat into motion and that causes significant calorie burn. (However, the study which showed this was very small, it included only six men...).

327. Snow is actually a great isolator, because it is made of 90 to 95% air which doesn't transfer heat.

328. Cold weather affects the lungs in a very negative way: The exchange of the cold air going in when inhaling and warm air going out when exhaling can cause lungs spasms.

329. If you heavily drink alcohol (which of course no one of you does) and go outside into the cold, you can get hypothermia more quickly than usual and it can even lead to death, although you feel very warm.

330. You are more likely to feel cold when you are alone or feeling depressed or isolated. On the other hand, if you are a happy person and you like socializing and being around other people you don't get cold that fast. Maybe that's the reason why I  never feel cold...

We are finally having some snow here in Germany! Yay! It's not that much but it's supposed to get more in the next few days. What about your country? Did you already have snow this year?