Star Wars Facts

241. Han Solo was supposed to die because Harrison Ford's contract was only for two movies. When Ford returned for the third film, he urged the screenwriters Lucas and Kasdan to kill off Han Solo because "there was nothing constructive to do with his character". Lucas refused because he wanted the three main characters to make it out alive.

242. The sound of the TIE fighter engines is actually the sound of an elephant call mixed with the sounds of a car driving on wet pavement.

243. The scenes on the ice planet Hoth were mostly shot at the Hardangerjøkulen glacier in Norway. During production, the worst storm in 50 years hit the region, forcing the crew to stay inside. Therefore, the crew set up insert shots from the entrance of their hotel. Luke fleeing the Tampa cave in the final film is one of these shots.

244. Yoda was named Buffy in early drafts of the screenplay, which was later changed to Minch Yoda and then shortened to just Yoda. Also, he was originally going to be played by a monkey carrying a cane and wearing a mask.

245. George Lucas wanted Luke to become the new Darth Vader at the end of the third film: Vader sacrificed himself to save Luke, killed the Emperor, and when Luke watched his father die, he takes his mask and puts it on saying, "Now I am Vader".

246. The bounty hunter Bossk's clothing is a recycled spacesuit from Doctor Who.

247. In an early draft of the Star Wars story, R2-D2 speaks standard English and is actually kind of a jerk.

248. Many of the buildings constructed for the shots of Tatooine are still standing in Tunisia and some of them are even used by locals.

249. Luke Skywalker was originally going to be named Luke Starkiller.

250. I didn't like "Star Wars - The Force Awakens". Come on, fight me!

🌟Bonus facts🌟

🌟 Samuel L. Jackson claims the words "bad motherfucker" were engraved on the lightsaber he used in the Star Wars prequels.

🌟🌟 While filming lightsaber fight scenes, Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) got a little carried away and made the sounds of the weapon himself, which had to be removed in post-production.