Pixar Facts

151. Pixar started off as a division of Lucasfilm in 1979 called 'Computer Graphics Division'. It was only called Pixar when Steve Jobs bought it in 1986.

152. Pixar's iconic lamp mascot is named Luxo Jr., and is named after a 1986 short of the same name (and the only short film to ever be nominated for an Academy Award).

153. Disney almost shut down the production of Toy Story because they found Woody to be too much of a 'sarcastic jerk'. The script was eventually completely rewritten and Woody was 'fixed' in less than a week.

154. Joss Whedon (know for his work on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Avengers: Age of Ultron) co-wrote the script for Toy Story and reportedly came up with the character of Rex the Dinsoaur.

155. The Pizza Planet truck appears in almost every single Pixar movie.

156. When a 10-year-old girl with cancer was too sick to see Up in theatres, Pixar flew out a DVD and a Pixar employee to her home for a private screening. She died 7 hours later.

157. During the making of Toy Story 2 the film was almost completely deleted from Pixar's computers - luckily one copy remained on a back-up computer.

158. Mary Gibbs, the 2-year-old who voiced Boo, couldn't stay long enough to record her dialogue, so the recording team followed her around with a microphone and recorded her dialogue and sounds, then worked them into the film.

159. Pixar is so detailed they actually created diplomas for the dentist's office in Finding Nemo.

160. In Up, 20622 balloons are shown lifting Carl's house, in reality, it would take around 12 million balloons to lift it.

_________

What's your favourite Pixar film?