Another 10 Fan Theories in Films

221. Sherlock and Spock are related! As surprising as this sounds, it actually even canonical: The quote "If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" is from Sherlock Holmes and is then quoted in Star Trek. What really is mind-blowing: In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Spock says the quote was said by "an ancestor of [his]"! So, this makes him a descendent of Sherlock Holmes!

222. Gimli and Legolas grow to be friends despite the age-old feud between their races (dwarves and elves). But Legolas apparently only sees Gimli as a true friend when he describes the gift he got from Galadriel. In the Silmarillion, Galadriel refuses to give the elf Feanor a strand of her hair three times. Gimli, on the other hand, gets three at once. Although the dwarf doesn't register the significance of this present, Legolas knows only then that Gimli can be fully trusted.

223. Sid from Toy Story starts out as a troubled boy who tortures his toys. Later in Toy Story 3, we see that Sid has become a garbage man and the fan theory suggests that he saves discarded toys because he learned his lesson in the first film and dedicates his life to saving and repairing toys.

224. Frankenweenie, Corpse Bride and The Nightmare Before Christmas all follow the life and death of one very man and his dog! The story of young Victor Frankenstein trying to reanimate his dead dog Sparky is told in Frankenweenie, Corpse Bride also focuses on a young man named Victor in a similar time period as Frankenweenie, and in the film he is reunited with the skeleton of his dead dog Scraps. Finally, Jack Skellingtion,  a fully grown skeleton resembling the Victors of both other films, is very close to his ghostly dog Zero. 

225. The Joker apparently has his own super power which he doesn't know about. It's the super power of sensing the right timing. This explains why he has survived countless near deaths, gone through with numerous complex plans and managed impossible escapes. 

226. Peter Pan is an angel who held children's hands as they died and led them into heaven, also called "Neverland". That's why the children there never age: They are already dead.

227. Indiana Jones spends the entire film Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in the fridge from the beginning, slowly losing his mind due to the radiation poisoning and imagines the rest of the film including the aliens.

228. The totem of Cobb from Inception is not the spinning top but his wedding ring: He is only wearing it in the dream world, in the real world, he takes it off. If you believe this theory, it clears up the ending once and for all, as you get a brief glimpse of Cobb's hand - he's not wearing the ring...

229. Neo from The Matrix is actually a machine. The "real world" of Zion is just another simulation created by humans and the whole Matrix was actually created as a way of keeping advancing technology under control. (To be honest, I don't really understand this one, but maybe you do...)

230. Totoro the woodland guardian is not as loveable as you think: He's actually the God of Death. This makes Satsuki's search for her sister Mei senseless: The fact that they both meet Totoro, means that they are both already dead.

__________________________

Man, why are so many film characters actually dead (at least according to those theories)? That's actually pretty depressing!

So, I got a new laptop so I'm gonna be able to update more often from now on.

▼ Suggestions for new topics go to the comment section!😉 ▼