Special Chapter: Master of The Sword.

7 years ago.. in the Underworld...

"YAAARRGH!! STOP!! I DON'T WANT TO!!!"

Alice stopped cleaning the floor for a minute as she heard her friend Mikoto scream and then heard the sound of electricity blasting a door off it's hinges.

"Oh dear.." Alice said, getting up and throwing her cloth in the wooden bucket next to her.

She ran out into the hall of the small church to see a few of her fellow nuns hiding outside the shambled smoking door, shivering fearfully.

"Sh-she's usually such a happy child!" said one of the nuns.. "Alice.. you're her age.. and yet she's more well behaved then you usually.. what is this?"

"She's a happy girl who appreciates freedom more then memorizing lines." said Alice as she ran through the doorway.

The 9 year old Mikoto was in her undergarments.. looking furious as electricity exploded from her bangs. "I AM NOT WEARING IT!!"

The older sisters who were huddled in a corner of the room, holding a nun's outfit, shakily held out the clothing. "B-but.. you're the priestess.. I-it's.. required."

"I DON'T WANT TO BE THE PRIESTESS!!" Mikoto screamed. "I want to be a tree cutter!! Like Gramps!! (Referring to the first Gigas Tree Cutter before Eugeo, the one who gave Mikoto the branch for River Spirit)

"Mikoto.." said Alice calmly. "You have to wear it.."

Mikoto whirled around and gave Alice a glare that in the Real World, would have sent Touma Kamijou running and screaming in terror. But Alice.. who had seen Mikoto give people this glare for 9 years.. remained calm.

"Mikoto.. I know you don't like it." said Alice. "But once a Sacred Task is appointed to you, you've got to do it.."

"B-but why don't Eugeo and Nii-san have to do Sacred Tasks yet!? Why do they get to pick!?"

"They DON'T get to pick." said Alice. "It's appointed to us when we're 10 remember? We just got ours earlier cause of special circumstances.. I'm the Chief's daughter.. and you've.. got.. well.. your gift."

"It's not a gift!!" Mikoto sobbed, rubbing her eyes. "I can't heal anybody.. all it does is shoot sparky stuff and make things go boom!"

So that was the reason why she was so cranky regarding the job. Alice thought. She not only appreciated freedom, she wanted to do whatever job she had to do right.. and she didn't think she could do it..

"I can't do Sacred arts like you!" Mikoto yelled. "And I can't cook or clean worth a damn!!"

"Mikoto!" said Alice. "Language!! Put a coin in the D word jar!!"

Alice took out jar full of coins from her habit and opened it. Grumbling, Mikoto took a coin from her little coin purse on the floor and put it in. "Da- I mean stupid jar.."

Mikoto wiped a tear away and turned away.. folding her arms.

"You know.. I hear Eugeo really has the hots for priestesses." said Alice slyly, arching her eyebrows.

Mikoto turned pink. "R-really?"

"Yeah.." said Alice. "I don't know why.. but I think it might be because of the habits or something.."

Mikoto took a deep breath.. and took the nun's clothing from her scared caretakers.. and reluctantly put them on..

"It.. feels.. so itchy.." Mikoto grumbled, pulling at her collar uncomfortably. "I probably look stupid

"You look fine to me." said Alice, patting Mikoto's shoulder. "Now come on.. it's time for church service, and you're supposed to read from the texts.. "