Chapter 7

Jungkook's POV

Great... I'm lost. I found myself near the penguin exhibit again, walking clueless around this huge place.

"Jungkookie!" I heard a familiar call out to me.

I looked back and found Jimin running towards me, smiling widely. "Oh, hyung?"

"What are you doing walking alone? Where's Taehyung-ah?" He questioned.

"That jerk? He's with Hoseok hyung." I mumbled, kicking the small rocks that lay on the cement.

"You look lost." Jimin giggled, wrapping his arm over my shoulders. "What are you looking for?"

"Jin told me to meet him at the orca tank but I don't know where that is."

"No need to fear! Jimin is here!" He laughed, saluting his hand into the air. I smiled at him, snickering at his silly action. "Come on Jungkookie, let's go."

As we walked around together, I found out he have similar interests. We both love to dance, sing, and we both love BigBang. Jimin is really silly, but not as much as Taehyung.

Ugh, why am I thinking about that guy again?

He explained that he and Taehyung have been friends since they were babies in diapers. As for the rest of the group, they became close in elementary. I laughed at the story of how Taehyung was put on the no fun mat because he was weirding out the other children.

"So why is he so mean now?" I asked.

"During our ninth grade year, his mom was very sick." Jimin confessed.

"I know, he told me. He said it happened so suddenly."

"Is that what he said?" Jimin scoffed.

"It's not true?"

"His mom had been sick for a while, years. She had leukemia." Jimin explained. "They tried everything to cure her, but nothing worked. Once she passed away, Taehyung began to shut everyone out. He took his anger out on other students at school and never cared about anyone else anymore. His mother meant everything to him. The only people he lets into his life are the group, his brother, and I."

"What about his dad?" I questioned.

"He blames his dad for his mother's death." Jimin ridiculed. "Don't ask why. He hasn't told any of us the reason."

It felt like something was squeezing my heart. Is this why Taehyung keeps hurting others? He's broken, hurt, shattered. Something I know all to well about.

"Remember his dolphin?" Jimin continued. "Blue?"

I hummed in response, indulged in knowing more.

"That was his mom's dolphin. It never listens to anyone else beside the two of them. It's the only thing he has left of her."

Jimin shook his head. "He has no sympathy for others anymore."

I sighed deeply, understanding the situation more.

We walked over the orca tank, finding Jin making out Namjoon. Jimin coughed, startling the couple. I giggled to myself, seeing how flustered Jin became.

"Sorry to interrupt, but its time to go." Jimin smirked.

"Hyung, I have to be back by six." I informed Jin, earning an understanding nod.

"Okay," Jin looked behind me, puzzled. "Where's Taehyung?"

"He's with Hoseok hyung."

"He left you?!" Jin exclaimed.

"No, I left him." I corrected, fiddling with the hem of my shirt. "Can we just go?"

"Hey guys! Can we amusement park tomorrow?" Jimin requested. "It'll be a great way for everyone to get to know Jungkook."

"Sounds good to me," Namjoon agreed. "What do you say maknae?"

"I don't want to be a nuisance-"

"You're not." Taehyung interrupted, joining our conversation.

I looked up at him surprised. He stood beside me, smiling as if nothing happened earlier. Hoseok linked his arm around Jimin, ruffling his hair.

"Amusement park sounds fun to me! Where are we headed?" Hoseok grinned.

"I was thinking road trip to Everland!" Jimin requested.

Everyone agreed, while I stood silently on the side. Taehyung looked at me, nudging me softly. "Are you in?"

"Sure," I corresponded, moving away from him and standing beside Jimin. "Hyung you'll be my partner, right?"

He smiled excitedly, grabbing my hand. "Of course Jungkookie."

I grinned, looking in Taehyung's direction. His eyes were locked onto our hands, as if he were mentally trying to pull them apart. Noticing this, I released my hand from Jimin's.

"I'll text Yoongi the details." Jimin reassured us. "He left earlier, after his

"I'm ready to leave," I notified Jin.

He nodded, gesturing me towards the parking lot. Everyone trailed ahead, walking to their cars. Jin was talking Namjoon about the details tomorrow, Jimin was piggy-backing Hoseok, and Taehyung was walking slowly with hands in his pockets. I strolled behind them, staring at my feet as I walked.

"Talk to me," I heard someone whisper.

I looked up to find Taehyung walking beside. I clicked my tongue in annoyance, staring back down at my feet again. "Why should I? So it'll be easier for you to break my heart?"

"Jungkook, it's not what it sounded like."

"So now you're calling me by my real name?" I scowled.

"Will you please just let me explain?" He growled, gripping onto my shoulder. We stopped walking, letting the group continue on ahead with us. "Why are you so difficult?"

"Me? I'm the difficult one?" I glared. "You're the one who claims that he's toying with me! Why don't you leave me alone?"

"Don't you think I would if I could!" He snapped. I was taken back by his answer, watching as he combed his fingers through his brown hair in frustration. "I don't understand what's happening to me."

Taehyung stared at me, looking deeply into my eyes. "I'm not one to commit to something, but why do I keep coming back to you?"

I looked away from his gaze, "Let me know when you figure out the answer."

"I only said those things back there because it'll ruin my image! Hoseok will know something is up if I hadn't told him those things. I'm a heartbreaker!"

"That's just the thing Taehyung! You're a heartbreaker." I groaned. "I don't think I can be with someone like that."

"You like me too, don't you?" He asked, observing me as if he's trying to read my emotions. "Don't deny it.'

"I don't know." I answered honestly.

It's the truth. Should I trust him again and risk getting hurt?

"Let's go on a date." Taehyung suggested.

"What?"

"Tomorrow at Everland, just stay with me."

I tilted my head to the side, unsure how I should unsure of my answer. He seemed to notice my uncertainness, grabbing my hand and rubbing it with his thumb. "Jungkook please. One chance, that's all I want."

"Okay."