Chapter 23

Jung kook is not stupid. 

He knows there's something being kept from him. 

He just does not understand. 

Of course, it took some time for the young boy to piece the puzzles together. But he still feels like he's missing a few key pieces that would complete the puzzle and everyone around him are keeping the pieces away from him. 

It started when he moved to Seoul with his family, but his belongings were already scattered around his room. His parent's explained to him that he had lost him memory but days before the accident, they had already put things away.

But there were a few things in his room that he was almost sure didn't belong to him -- nor did it come from Busan. The inflatable shark floaty was the first thing that caught his eye. Before he could take a closer look, his parents were quick to remove the item, claiming that it was left by their neighbor who helped them with the moving. 

Jungkook was quick to shrug it off and was soon called downstairs to meet his new neighbor. He slowly approached his parents who seemed to be whispering something to the other boy. When his parents stepped back, he was met with a teary eyed male who smiled sadly at him.

"Jungkook," the male addressed in an soft tone. "It's nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." Jungkook replied with a small smile. "Is everything okay? I hope this isn't a bad time."

"Huh?" The older male questioned, but later realized the dampness on his cheeks and quickly brushed away his tears. "Oh, yeah. Sorry. Just... lost something special to me." 

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Jungkook frowned. "I hope you're able to find it soon."

"Yeah," his neighbor chuckled, but it still sounded a little sad. "Me too."

"I'm Jin by the way," the older male introduced. "I'm a few years older than you, so you can just address me as hyung."

"Okay," Jungkook gleamed. "Hyung."

It was only after spending the day with Taehyung that he felt a rush of sadness overwhelm him. This isn't him. He's not the same. Jungkook felt like a flash drive that had been formatted and everything has been wiped clean.

But one thing remains the same... Jungkook's determination to find the pieces and put it back together.