Chapter 8- The Accident

Oliver's POV
At the end of the day I walk down to the IT department and see Felicity laughing with Barry. I clear my throat to get their attention.
"Mr. Queen, I didn't see you."
"You can go home, it's almost nine."
"Of course! Bye Felicity, it was great meeting you."
"Bye..." Barry leaves the room after grabbing his jacket.
"Is that all you did? Flirt with my employees?"
"What? I'll have you know that I finished what I needed to do within twenty minutes. Considering your systems are hardly that of this age, your programs need major updates. And your firewall was practically screaming 'Come on in.' So I think I've done what you've asked."
"I'm sorry."
"Ya well if you want to guarantee that you aren't hacked anymore, we need a new system and an updated program. Until then that is all I can do."
"Thank you, and I will see what I can do."
"No problem Pretty Boy."
"Come on, Diggle has a car pulled up at the back entrance." We walk to the elevator and go straight to the main floor. I lead her out the back door and we get in the car. Diggle pulls out of the drive and onto the street. About two minutes into the drive, I see a van heading straight towards us. Diggle slams on the breaks, but they keep coming. They collide on the same side as Felicity and the car is thrown on its side. The van that hit us speeds away.
"Diggle!"
"I'm good." I turn and see Felicity hanging from her seat belt. I pull out my pocket knife and saw through my seat belt. I stand, ignoring the pain in my leg and cut her from the seat belt. I lift her into my arms. Diggle had used a seat head to break the front window open. I climb into the front of the sided car and hand her to Diggle who's already out.
"Did you get a look at who did that?"
"No, they had tinted windows."
"Crap." I can hear sirens coming towards us. I can see Diggle has a few cuts, but he's alright. Felicity on the other hand has wounds all over her delicate body. Medics come running towards us.
"Sirs, are you alright?"
"We're fine, she needs help." They take her and lay her on a gurney.
"We need to take her to the hospital."
"I'll come with."
"Okay." I sit in the ambulance as they race to the hospital. They attempt to stop the bleeding, but a lot of her wounds are too deep. When we make it to the ER, I am forced to wait in a room while they try to help her. About twenty minutes later Thea comes in followed by Dig.
"Ollie!" She wraps me in her arms tightly and I wince slightly.
"Sorry..."
"It's okay."
"How's Felicity?"
"They are trying to stop the bleeding as far as I know."
"Is she going to be alright?"
"I don't know..."