Chapter 16-Announcement

Felicity's POV
A week later at work it's announced there will be a winter ball. Of course I am slightly excited, but then there will be a ton of people there. Sponsors, millionaires, billionaires, and other employees. Why should I be nervous at all? I mean considering the way I joined the company, I don't exactly want to be judged by everyone in it.
"Felicity?" I look up from my desk and see Barry looking at me.
"What?"
"Are you alright? I've been calling your name for ten minutes."
"Oh, ha I'm fine..."
"What's wrong?"
"Just thinking about the ball."
"They have one every year, they just don't normally do it around Christmas. They pushed it back since Mr. Queen got in a car accident the week before it was supposed to happen."
"Ya I heard about that."
"No need to worry, just a bunch of business stiffs. You can come with Caitlin, Cisco, and I if you want?"
"I'll think about it. Thanks Barry."
"No problem."
"Wow... It's late, I better get going."
"Oh uh sure. Want me to give you a ride?"
"No it's okay, I wouldn't want to make you later."
"I really don't mind..."
"It's okay Barry, Diggle will take me."
"Alright, see you tomorrow."
"Yep." He leaves and I head up to Oliver's office. I walk in and see he's asleep, his head resting on his desk.
"Oliver..." He wakes up and realizes he's still at work.
"Are you alright? You look like you haven't slept in days." I look and see the bags under his eyes.
"I'm fine. Are you ready to go?"
"Ya. Dig is waiting in the back."
"Are you excited for the winter ball?"
"More or less. What day is it again?"
"Christmas Eve, December 24."
"I don't celebrate Christmas. I'm Jewish."
"I didn't know." He says smiling.
"Ya, that's actually my birthday."
"Why didn't you tell me!?"
"You have done enough for me, you don't need to worry about my birthday."
"Fe-li-ci-ty. I do everything for you because I want to."
"You know I can't argue with you when you say my name like that."
"Why do you think I did." As we are about to walk out the door he stops in his tracks.
"Oliver?" He crumples to the ground.
"Oliver!" I scramble to his side and check if he's breathing. He is, but something isn't right. I run outside to the car.
"Dig. Something-Oliver- inside!" Is all I manage between breaths. We run back inside and Diggle checks him over. I hold his head on my lap, stroking it gently.
"Please be okay..."
"I'm calling an ambulance."
"Okay." I begin to notice how hot his forehead is.
"Dig he's really warm."
"Crap." He pulls Oliver's jacket off and undoes the tie.
"They should be here soon."