Chapter 29- A Nightmare

Okay guys not posting the next chapter until we get this to twenty votes. Hehe I'm being evil.

Felicity's POV

For a long time we just sit together on the couch, enjoying the silence of the beautiful night. It was almost weird of how peaceful it was, considering how crazy our lives have been since we met. I realize that I have changed; something deep down inside is chipping away at the barrier I've been building for so long. The cause? It's Oliver. I can tell that he cares about me, which is something completely new, but it feels so normal. My entire life has been one crazy big mess, so the silence is very much welcomed.

"Get some sleep." I nod my head in response, but don't close my eyes. The scene is just too perfect and I don't want to miss it. I feel Oliver's breathing even as he slowly falls asleep. For the first time in a long time, I feel safe. I love the fact that we are alone right now.

My phone begins to buzz and I see the caller ID is my mother. It's almost weird that she's calling again considering we were just talking.

"Hello?"

"Felicity..." She sounds out of breathe, and rushed; it worries me.

"Mom what's wrong?"

"Nothing baby girl, just wanted to hear your voice again. It's been so long since we talked. It makes me nervous. Why would you call me after all this time?"

"I'm in a good place right now and I figured it's Hanukkah after all. Why did you call me though, we just talked."

"I wanted to warn you. I just ran into Ray."

"Wait. Ray as in my abusive boyfriend from high school, Ray?"

"Yes. And he heard that you moved to Starling City."

"I-I thought that he was in prison."

"He's not baby girl, so watch your back alright? I can take a plane to Starling next week, I don't want you to be alone."

"I'm not alone. You should still come though, I want to see you again."

"Alright. Sweet dreams." I hang up and know that the perfect moment is over. I knew it was to good to be true, and now we are all in danger.

"Felicity?" I jump as I feel a firm hand on my shoulder, but relax when I realize that it's Oliver.

"What's wrong? Who were you talking to?" I hear the concern in his voice, but I can't bring myself to face him.

"I-I don't want to talk about it right now..."

"You know you can talk to me, right?" I nod my head, and then finally speak, holding back tears.

"I'm tired." I lay down again, and he joins me a few seconds later, wrapping his strong arms around me. He is the only one that I know will do anything to keep me safe, and that's what scares me. Ray Palmer is an evil, malicious man, who will anything to get what he wants. I was the target in high school, and the only one to get away. Now he wants revenge, and I'm sure he's willing to kill to do so.

After a long time my eyes close, but my dreams are no where near sugar plums. I see the same man who taught me that I was nothing, that I didn't matter. The very opposite of the man I love right now. The danger is very real, and I don't want to get Oliver involved, but it would hurt him too much if I left...