Chapter 22- Barriers

Oliver's POV
Thea and I sit on the sofa watching a movie when I hear the door open. I turn and see a frazzled looking Felicity.
"Hey... You want to watch a movie with us?"
"Can I talk to you a sec?" I glance at Thea and she stands, walking to her room. Once we are alone Felicity sits next to me.
"I know you are probably going to hate me for this, but last night I listened to your conversation with Thea. And I know your probably mad that I would invade your privacy like that, but I need to know. What happened 'last time?" I take a deep breath, trying to process everything she just said.
"The last time I had a girlfriend was my senior year of high school. One night I was walking her home, and we were robbed. In the chaos she was shot, and... She died."
"Oliver, I am so sorry... I didn't know, I just-"
"It's okay Felicity, I've moved on. But I will never forget her. She was Laurels sister, Sara Lance."
"Are you sure you've moved on?"
"Have you moved on from Cooper?" I can see the hurt in her eyes. They begin to brim with tears.
"That. Is not fair Oliver. I have moved on from loving Cooper, but he is an open wound. He hurt me... H-how could you think I could possible love someone that caused me so much pain!?"
"Felicity." She stands and walks towards the door.
"I need some air." Her voice has no emotion as she slams the door shut behind her. I lean back and cover my hands with my palms.
"I'm going to guess that didn't end well."
"I told her about Sara."
"Oh... You want to talk about it?"
"Not now. Can you please go after Felicity."
"Sure Ollie." She grabs her jacket and walks out the door. I close my eyes and can still see the hurt in Felicity's bright blue eyes. The pain that I reminded her of. I hurt her...more than Cooper ever did. I betrayed her trust, and now I'm not sure I can get it back.