Chapter 38- Unbelievable

Felicity's POV
Oliver and I make it to the appointment just in time. We are led into a small room, where they have me sit on a table. A few minutes later there's a knock on the door, and a doctor comes in.

"Ms. Smoak?"

"That's me." She walks forward shaking my hand, then doing the same with Oliver.

"Pleasure to meet you. I'm Dr. Lee, I'll be your OBGYN for your pregnancy. Now if you'll lay back we can get started." I do as I'm told feeling jumpy. It's nearly been a decade since I've done this. This time is different. It's with Oliver.

Dr. Lee begins to feel my abdomen gently.

"Okay. Everything seems good, we can do an ultrasound if you like."

"Yes."

"If you could pull up your shirt." I move it up and she puts a cold gel on my stomach. I stare at the screen as an image slowly comes into focus. She presses a few buttons, and then I see it; the baby.

I glance at Oliver, seeing a huge smile on his face.

"There's your baby. You look like your around three months."

"Really?"

"It's pretty common where mothers don't realize their pregnant until further along. You've been lucky enough to avoid morning sickness so far." A look comes across her face.

"Is something wrong?"

"Just a minute." She leaves the room, returning with another doctor. They both point at the screen, only whispering.

"Sorry about that. I just wanted a second opinion."

"On what?"

"We're aren't sure, but it looks like you might be pregnant with twins."

"What?" She points at a small outline on the screen.

"See right there?"

"Yes..."

"It's hard to tell at this point, since we can't get a better angle, but you could be having twins."

"Is this even safe?" She wipes off the gel, and I sit up again.

"Have you had any previous pregnancies?"

"Once, but I lost the baby at seven months..."

"I don't mean to press, but how?"

"I fell down stairs. I was fifteen at the time." Oliver holds my hand tightly, attempting to comfort me.

"I'm glad you told me this. It will make your pregnancy considered high risk, but it won't be impossible. As long as you listen to what I tell you, you should have a perfectly normal pregnancy." I nod my head, and she hands me a photo from the ultrasound.

"Feel free to leave when you like." Dr. Lee leaves the room, allowing Oliver and I to be alone.

I hand the photo to Oliver and he beams.

"We're going to be a family..."

"Felicity... I don't want to ruin the moment, but I think it would be a good idea if we left Starling..." Ray knows where we live right now. He could find out where we are right now.

"You're right. We can't just think about ourselves right now."

"Where should we go?"

"I might have somewhere in mind, but I'm not sure it's a good idea..."