Chapter 33- Understing a Psychopath

Oliver's POV
I hold Felicity tightly in my arms, before she leaves the room to clean up. Ray Palmer was dead set on making her miserable, and now it's time he stop.
I pull out my phone and dial the number, hoping they still owe me that favor.
"Hello?"
"Hey Laurel, I need a favor?"
"Oliver? What's going on? We haven't talked in like six months."
"Ya... I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the wedding, I was kind of in the hospital."
"It's okay. What's the favor?"
"I need some legal advice?" There's a silence on the other end, before I hear her speak again.
"Oliver Queen, getting on the bad side of the law? Never thought I'd see the day."
"It's a long story... Can we meet at Big Belly Burger in a half hour?"
"Sure. Mind if I bring Tommy? He is my partner. My business partner is what I mean-"
"It's fine. See you then." I hang up and walk over to Thea's room, where she sits talking with Felicity's mother. John stands in the corner watching the two.
"Guys, you can come out now."
"Ollie." Thea walks over and stares my in the eyes.
"What's going on?"
"Everything is going to be fine Thea."
"Alright... Is Felicity okay?"
"I'm fine. Thanks for the concern Thea." I turn and see Felicity standing behind us. She looks better now, her eyes aren't as swollen. I'm not sure if I can stop worrying about her now, knowing that Ray is coming.
"Felicity, I made an appointment with my lawyers. I think they can help us."
"A-alright."
"Dig, can you stay here with Speedy and Ms. Smoak?"
"Of course." I take Felicity's hand and lead her from the apartment. We begin the drive to the small dinner, and sit down at a table. About five minutes later, Tommy and Laurel walk in. Felicity immediately recognizes them, but the same can't be said for the two lawyers.
"Hey Oliver. Who's this?"
"It's Felicity." They both stand there a moment, gawking at the blonde beauty.
"Um... Wow Felicity so good to see you again." Laurel offers Felicity her hand to shake, which she accepts. After that they join us at the table, sitting on the side opposite of us.
"So what can we help you with?" Tommy asks getting down to business. I glance at Felicity and see that she is nervous.
"We can trust them." I whisper so she is the only one who to hear. She nods her and takes a breath before speaking.
"I'm being threatened by my ex abusive boyfriend..."
"Did you ever report him?"
"Yes, he's been in.... He's been in prison the last nine years. Now he wants to finish what he started."
"Okay... What made him become violent?" I glance at Felicity and see that tears are brimming her eyes. I take her hand in mine, trying to comfort her.
"Do you guys need a minute?"
"Is there somewhere private we could go?"
"Sure." They stand and I lead Felicity after them, whispering words of encouragement to her.
"They can help keep you safe. I'm not going to let him come near you." We make it to the office building where Laurel and Tommy work. It's closed on Thursday, so it's somewhere private. 
The four of us sit down at the table, and my blonde is still quiet.
"Felicity, we can only help you if you let us." She nods her head and pulls a folded piece of paper from her back pocket. She hands it to Laurel who carefully unfolds it. Laying it on the table I see it's a sonogram.
"That was my son, and Ray killed him. He shoved me down flights of stairs at seven months pregnant. After that it just got worse..."
"Oh my god..." Laurel whispers under her breath.
"This man is a psychopath."
"Can you help me?" Felicity looks between the two attorneys.
"Yes. You have a very solid case if you want to get a restraining order." Tommy speaks up, but I can still see Felicity isn't reassured.