Chapter 8

Calico's P.O.V.

I let the wind die down and settle as the scent of blood and rotting corpses fill the air.
My eyes never leaving the four familiar figures,I dropped down from the balcony rail and landed softly on the balls of my feet.

I stood and slowly took them in.

They either had black or brown hair with one blonde. They each didn't look at me and just stared at the ground,their muscles tense. They were prepared. For flight or fight, either way I was prepared.

I could almost taste their fear. They obviously recognized me, but I didn't understand how. Once I met a vampire I never left them alive. The last time I let a vampire leave my presence unharmed was back when I was still naive.

I thought about the last vampires I had left alive, back when Winnie was still-

"You!" I seethed, they flinched at the venom in my voice.

I remember now. Back when Winnie was alive, I stumbled across a small group of vampires. I had befriended them with pure intentions and had tried to get Winnie to warm up to them. I knew they were attracted to Winnie's fear it's why I tried to get Winnie to befriend them. Become some vamps were drawn to fear like bees to honey. But I never let them near her alone, at the time I was deathly protective of my one and only, dearest friend.  They thought I was human, but on a subconscious level they recognized me as a threat, they just didn't realize it themselves.

They told me they were leaving one day, but some days after I  still felt their souls somewhere in the town.

Then it had disappeared one day so I knew they left, but Winnie's soul had disappeared also.

I had gone and found her dead in the meadow.

I looked at the four men in front of me. Their had been five then, their was only four now.

I sneered at them, not believing their disappearance at the time of Winnie's death to be just a coincidence.

"How lovely it is to see you guys again." I smiled, softly.

"You guys have no clue how much Winnie and I missed you," I lied, seeing if they would give them self away. The blonde twitched.
"Winnie was absolutely devastated when you up and left the town, she wouldn't stop crying for days."

The blonde shifted on his feet, "Uh, I -"
"We thought you were human. So what's this Calico? I thought we were friends, I'm hurt."  The dark haired, Garrett, said.

I looked him over, coolly, and disregarded what he said, deeming it unnecessary.

"I had gotten word that Winnie was dead, two month after we left."

I looked towards the blonde a blank look on my face that slowly turned into a grin, that was feral and looked more like a baring of teeth.

I smiled, normally, "You 'got word' she was dead?" I pouted, lightly, "How awful! And there I was telling the Town and her mother that she eloped with a secret lover. I also went through the trouble of burning her body until she was nothing but ashes in the wind, so she would never be found." They started looking sick.

"But," I frowned and put my finger to my cheek and pretended to think, " It's so strange the only ones who should know about Winnie's death are me and her killers." I could feel my iris burning slowly turning silver as my anger grew.

"You want to know what's stranger than that. Why is it, that a couple of days after you told me you guys were leaving town, that you were still in  town? Why is it that the day you bastards leave I suddenly find Winnie in our meadow, lying dead?! Well, can you riddle me that?"

They shuffled in their places, then, slowly, they crouched in defense.

I sighed and shook my head, as I smiled at them pitifully.

"You know, we could have talked about it like civilized people." I advised, running my fingers through my long hair. I'll admit I got slightly distracted with the silky feel of the strands, "Though, that would be boring, wouldn't it?"

I looked them over thinking about how I'll kill them.

"Now, where is the fifth one?"

"We don't know what you're talking about." Garrett replied.

I glared at them, coldly, "Fine, I'll find out myself. But, I wasted 5 years of my life searching for you bastards. So, I'll just deal with you quickly and find out the 5th myself. I see no reason to waste more of my time torturing you."

With that said, I manipulated the wind to slice them up. It was slower than it should be, but I enjoyed the sound of their screams. It was like music to my ears. Luckily, I got the information I needed before I killed them.