Chapter 10

Calico's P.O.V.

I was probably over-reacting, I know, but the thought of losing my prey of five years to this bounty hunter pissed me off on a whole other level.

But his expression was worth it. Though his soul flared with a deep red. The color of adultery, in other words, lust and desire.

I rolled my shoulders to get the new tension out of it as I looked around. I could see the dust particles in the air and I could hear a waterfall 10 miles to the west.

I was just about to calm down and shift back to normal, when I caught something strange.

My soul was reaching out and wrapping itself around the vampire. The silvery gold tendrils ran against his body and through his hair, possessively. I tilted my head. I kept a clear face, knowing that the bloodsucker is staring at me. I started to let electricity go through him and as he jerked his body in pain, I stumbled forward with pain running along my skin. It was an echo, though.

I frowned with confusion. I turned my eyes to him and glared daggers.

"What did you do to me?" I hissed. He frowned at me in confusion. I walked towards him and thrusted my hand into his chest and took hold of his heart. I felt agony in my chest as well.

He grunted and grimaced in pain.
"I will not ask you again. What did you do to me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I stared him down, trying to decide if he was telling the truth. He was.

I ripped my hands from his chest as I bared my teeth in warning, as his chest started healing. I freed him  from the curtains and walked into the kitchen.

Looks like I was going to end up visiting the wench.

I felt my expression morph into one of sour disgust. The thought of visiting her was already putting a filthy taste in my mouth. She was just that distasteful. The vampire walked in and looked at my expression. He blinked and smirked in amusement.

"What's with your face?"

I pulled my expression back into a cool mask. I examined him and thought of how I was going to drag him with me to the wench's house. Maybe I'll cut off his legs. They'll grow back.

"Hello? I know I'm hot and all, but maybe we can talk business?" He asked.

"What business?"

"How do you know Hennessy and what do you mean he's your prey?" he spoke, slowly.

I blinked at him, "I'll be the one who's going to kill Hennessy."

He stared at me for awhile and looked to be thinking about something. He seemed to be deep in thought about whatever it was, he didn't seem to know that his jaw was flexing.

"How about this? We'll work together and -"

"Or I'll kill you and do it myself. I wouldn't have to do much to find him, anyway."

This seemed to catch his attention.

"You know where to find him?"
I grunted in conformation.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "How?"

"I have my ways. Back to the situation at hand. Why should I work with you?"

"I promised a friend that I would kill his daughter's murderer."

My eye twitched, "Get in line," an involunrary growl slipped from my throat.

"We both want to kill him, so why can't we work together? You do know that he's running a slave ring?" He said.

I shrugged and examined my nails.

"That means he'll have employees to do his dirty work. You'll need me."

I looked him over, slowly, with a slight sneer running over my features.

"No. I won't."

I stood and was going to the fridge.
Key point, I was.

The bastard suddenly leaped at me over the table and rammed me to the ground.

I didn't feel any evil intentions so I didn't really put up much of a fight.

Soon I was tied up and tossed on to my bed. I frowned at the sudden images of my time in the slave ring coming to mind. I have to admit, though I acted fine at the time, according to Winnie, I was left a little traumatized, though she hadn't known it.

The vampire crouched down in front of me. He stared at me for awhile.

"Why do you smell like a vampire?"

I gave him a blank look before rolling my eys.

"Because I'm half-vampire, you dipshit."

"That's not possible."

"Obviously, it is since, here I am.  A vampire raped my mother and decided to hit the road. At least that's what my mother wants me to believe, anyway,"  My words trailed of as I frowned and scowled.

Why the hell was I telling him all this? I shouldn't be giving him all this information. I didn't even know the guy, and speaking of which.

"What's your name?"

He looked surprised for a moment and covered it with a smirk.

"Bones."

I gave him a sceptical look, "A dead guy named 'Bones'. A bit cliché, isn't it?" He shrugged.

"We're going to have to work together if we're going to kill Hennessey and save those human girls. If you really are half-vampire, as you say you are...no, wait, I believe you. I saw your fangs," he gave me a curious look, "is that really all you are, though? You don't seem like only a vampire, so what else are you?"

I glanced him over, "Wouldn't you like to know. What human girls are you referring to?"

"The girls that were kidnapped for the slave ring."

"Kill them."

Silence...

Bones shook his head, slightly, as if trying to brush off something.

He looked at me, "I'm sorry, could you repeat that? It almost sounded as if you said-"

"Kill. Them." I repeated, slowly.

He stared at me as if I said the most shocking thing he's ever heard.

"You want to kill them?"

"Or I can do it, doesn't matter. They'll be dead in the end," I sighed.

"These are innocent girls, Calico. They didn't ask for this, we can't just do away with them as you please."

I rolled my eyes, "Killing them would be a kindness. Their minds would be broken by the time we got to them and even if you mind-fucked them into forgetting. They would be haunted in their dreams, it would effect their health. They'll eventually find the idea of peace in death appealing. We would be doing them a favor," I leaned back in my seat and stared at the ceiling and thought of the other girls in the slave ring I used to be stuck in, "trust me."