Chapter 23

Bones' P.O.V.

I looked between, them. The trespassing vampire and my dangerously beautiful Calico. Calico was, by all means, furious. 

"What's wrong, Calico?" the guy said, "No 'hello' kiss?" Cali hissed at him as if offended.

I touched her arm and she jumped  a little. She looked at me.

"Cali, are you OK? Who is this?" I asked her. She blinked at me and seemed to relax. She ran her hands through the strands of her silky, silver and gold hair.

She wrapped an arm, possessively, around my waist as she leaned into me. Seeking comfort, perhaps? I rubbed her arm and watched her glare at the trespasser.

"Oh come now, Calico, you didn't tell him about us?" the guy said, "I know what we had holds a special place in your heart, but it's rude to keep secrets."

Jealousy of 'what they had' scorched me and I growled, tugging her closer to my side. The only relief I took, was knowing that Calico hated vampires. So the guy was talking out of his ass about them having anything. She would've killed him the moment she laid eyes on him.

The guy sighed in exasperation, "Fine, I will do it myself."

He turned to me, "Hello, my name is Dylan. I am Calico's first."

I glared, "Don't bullshit me, Calico hates vampires. She would've killed you the moment she laid eyes on you."

"Like she killed you, when she first saw you? Or I guess maybe she wanted entertainment first."

My jaw twitched as I fought the urge to throw him off the roof even though I know he won't die, I'll have some satisfaction.

"Plus, on a side note, she hadn't always hated vampires. That only happened after her precious friend was killed."

A rush of air flew by and I watched Dylan's arm get sliced clean off. He grunted and snarled.

"You damned wretch!" Dylan snapped, " I should've killed you the moment I laid eyes on you!"

Calico shrugged.

I thought back to the subject of Calico and vampires. She didn't always hate them? This friend must of been something special to change Calico's opinions to such a degree.

"I could say the same thing to you," she said, calmly.

Dylan turned and glared at me, "If you think you're in love with her, don't be fool."

I opened my mouth to reply, but was cut off.

"She's been through many guys and in the end killed them all, it's a hobby of her's."

Before he was even done, I was on him ripping chunks of his limbs off, listening to his screaming.

"Listen, here, mate. That is my woman, you are talking about. So mind you're words. Now, why are you here?"

"He's not." 

I looked back at Cali, "What do you mean, Love?"

"He's not here," she said, looking Dylan over, "If he were, I would have sensed him the moment he got into a hundred meter radar. I only noticed him, when he was already by us."

"What's the significance?" I asked in confusion.

"The significance, Bones," she stood, wrapping the sheet around her, "Is that Hennessey has a reaper working with him. Reapers can hide their souls, making it harder for other Reapers to notice them, not until it's too late."

"Too late?"

She shrugged, "Reapers sometimes have a tendency to fight, when they meet each other. But there hasn't been another reaper outside that Hags bloodline for generations."

"But you and your mom?"

She shrugged, "Kin doesn't kill kin. Otherwise, I would be long dead, well, I was supposed to be."

I blinked at her as something behind her captured my attention.

Something blurred, quickly, towards Calico and I shouted out a warning. I was going to leap when she flitted around and held out her hand, a cold expression already in her eyes.

She tilted her head to the side as she examined the boy, frozen in front of her.

"What do you think you're doing trying to  harm your elders, child?" she asked.

I blinked at the kid, who couldn't be more older than 15 year old.

He glared at her, "I came to kill you, Demon!"

She raised an eyebrow at him, "Oh? What can a child , with no experience, do to me?" she examined him, "and what vendetta do you have against me? I have no memory of ever meeting you."

"You're after my Uncle Hennessey!" he shouted.

We blinked at him. Uncle?!