Chapter 9

Bones' P.O.V.

I watched her in fascination. She stood so calmly as she watched the wind cut up the four men. They should have told her what she wanted to know. Now, they will forever hold their peace.

Her name is Calico.

Calico

Like a cat. She seemed exactly like a cat. She looked absolutely regal, the way she stood with the wind blowing her hair around her tall, graceful frame. Even with blood stains covering her body and smearing across her creamy porcelain skin, she stood like a queen looking down on her servants. 

A Calico cat had three colors. One was the base color and the other two colors were the spots. Each one was a different personality. The two spots were most likely as protection to show others as a way to hide the base. One spot was the one I had met in the bar a bold, seductress the other is the one I was looking at now. A frosty queen with a small smile and ice in her, now, silver eyes. I wondered what the third color would be and which color was the real her.

The wind stopped and left a puddle of blood at her feet. She looked down at it, contemplatively, pursing her lips.

She swirled her toe around  in the blood and sighed softly.

She looked up to the night sky and ran her hand through her stained hair. Then she turned around and looked right in my direction with a smirk on her face.

"Did you enjoy the show?" she asked. I froze in my spot. She couldn't possibly see me, right?

"I know you can hear me, blood-sucker. Unless your deaf? Wait, if your deaf you wouldn't hear me in the bar."

I didn't reply hoping she was just bluffing. 

"Whatever, then, " she tugged on her hair, " I'm going to take a shower. You can come in if you want to. I'll behave. "

She walked back towards her house and jumped back onto her balcony. She left her door open as she walked back in. I stood on the branch and thought about what I was going to do next. I did have questions for her. I needed to know if she was working with Hennessy.

I made my decision and leaped to her balcony. I slowly entered her house and cautiously looked around to make sure she wasn't anywhere prepared to attack me. Their wasn't much around. The walls were bleach white the carpet was the color of beach sand. It was connected to the kitchen. Their was no furniture, no couches, no sofas, no pictures on the walls, no dining table, absolutely nothing except for a mattress in the corner and black blinds at the balcony window. It was as if no one lived here or she was moving away.

I looked at her mattress to see if their was anything that would give me answers on her relation to Hennessy. I lifted her mattress, but their was nothing. I flipped her blanket, their was nothing. I lifted her pillow and found a photo of a girl with brown wavy hair and baby blue eyes with freckles dusting her nose.

I wondered who she was.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"  

I turned around, quickly, and Calico was standing their looking like she wanted to shoot me down with laser beams from her eyes.

"I have questions for you." I replied.

"Do not ignore me. I asked you a question."

I smiled at the venom in her voice, "I was just looking around. Their's no need to get antsy."

She gave me a hard stare down.

Suddenly something thick wrapped around my neck and wrists. I looked behind me and realized it was her blanket and curtains, strangling me and holding me down.

"When I ask a question, do not disregard me. Now answer my question or your head comes off," she spoke coldly.

I looked at her and saw that she was still the cold ice queen.

I huffed, "I was looking to see if you had anything to do with my search for the man, Hennessy."

She gave nothing away. Their wasn't even a single look of recognition in her eyes.

"What do you want with him?"

"That's my business, Love."

The sudden change in her facial features almost left me in shock. Her lips curled back over her teeth into a snarl, revealing sharpened fangs that weren't there before. Her silver eyes glazed over with a light translucent vampire green and her pupils became silver slits.

She looked dangerously beautiful.

"Hennessy is my prey!"  she hissed, venomously.