In Which we Meet Melody

Chapter One: In Which we Meet Melody

Melody leaned back in her chair as she edited another vlog. None of her viewers understood the kind of work that went into publishing videos. Even simple vlogs were time consuming. She had so much to do in order to prepare for her trip to America for Playlist Live this weekend. She was excited to meet the few thousand subscribers she had earned so far and hopefully gain a few more. She was also hoping to meet a few of her fellow youtubers, make a few friends, and perhaps do a few collabs in order to get more publicity for her channel. She decided the editing was something she could finish later, and instead turned on some music so she could quickly finish packing.

Melody was proud to be a stereotypical youtuber. She lived off of Starbucks and Top Ramen, spent her time on Tumblr, and had teal coloured hair. She didn't mind that she was dirt poor, living in a small two-bedroom apartment with her brother. It was all necessary in order for her to achieve her dream of becoming a director.

---

"Melody, Melody," Her older brother, Jeremy, said as he drove with her to the airport, "Are you ready for this?"

"Um, duh. I can't wait to get out of Ontario and relax in some warmer weather," She said, leaning her head against the window and smiling.

Jeremy laughed. His sister was a nut job. A YouTube convention? In Florida? The only reason he'd agreed to go was because he was terribly in love with Moriah Poppy, the cutest youtube cover artist from LA.

---

Jeremy checked into their flight when the two girls behind them in line started arguing.

"We have to check in first," he heard one said.

"But there's a Starbucks! And it's just over there!" the other begged.

Melody had heard those voices before, she just couldn't remember from where. She kept herself from turning around to see who it was. She didn't want them to know she had been listening in on their conversation.

"Tessa..." the first threatened.

"Fine," 'Tessa' whimpered.

Tessa..? Tessa, Starbucks, the Toronto airport? Melody started putting the pieces together and couldn't resist turning around to see if it was really who she thought it was. When she turned around, she couldn't believe her eyes. Right before her eyes were Shawna Howson, "nanalew", and Tessa Violet, "Meekakitty", or as they are more affectionately known by their fans "nanakitty".

"No way!" Melody exclaimed, "You're Nanakitty!"

For a split second, Melody regretted her outburst until the girls looked up from their phones and smiled.

"That's us," said Shawna politely, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I'm Melody," Melody stammered, "I guess you guys are on your way to Playlist Live?"

They grinned and nodded. "Are you?" Tessa asked.

"Yes! I'm so excited!" Melody said cheerfully, "It's my first convention since I started making videos."

"Oh, you're a youtuber too?" Tessa inquired. Melody could hardly believe that Tessa and Shawna were talking to her. They were the two people that inspired her to start making videos in the first place.

"Sorta. I started about six months ago. I've got a few thousand subscribers," She shrugged, looking down at her feet.

"Gotta start somewhere," Shawna said encouragingly.

Melody couldn't believe how nice they were to her. She was just a novice and a stranger but they accepted her as one of them and even invited her to Disney with their other friends they were meeting down in Florida.

Melody was now even more excited for Playlist Live. Perhaps it would be everything she had hoped of or even more.

---

Author's Note:

currently editing this mess.. I'm no longer a fan of Troye, but this fic is insanely popular and the grammar is making me CRINGE. (12-17-15)

-Kitty