In Which Melody has Explaining to do

Melody's entire life sat in a hundred cardboard boxes. She eventually moved every box labeled "Melody" from the truck outside, to her new room.

Instead of unpacking, she attempted to set up her wifi and desktop computer, and when that was finally finished (with only minor assistance from her brother) she began editing her pre-plane vlog.

The guilt set in when she pressed the "finalize" button.

It was even worse when she pressed "upload".

Troye said he would come over tonight and help unpack. Hopefully he would miss the video.

Within mere minutes Melody's twitter, tumblr, Instagram, and YouTube were flooded with notifications.

She decided to conquer the masses of twitter first.

"I totally called it! #troyody"

"Woah. I can't say I was expecting that. @melodyspencer96"

"Great. This is going to ruin the quality of BOTH of my favourite youtubers. #troyody"

Melody typed a few quick tweets to hopefully calm a few wildfires.

@MelodySpencer96: Thanks for the support, everyone. I know you'll be kind to both me and @troyesivan."

@MelodySpencer96: @TroyeSivan xx

"Melody!" Her brother called.

She quickly switched tabs to the "how to set up your new computer" page.

"Melody, Troye's here early."

Melody sighed.

She took a deep breath and walked to the front porch, where Troye was standing, looking out towards the road.

"Hi." She said quietly, with a cautious smile.

"What did you say?" He asked without turning to face her.

"You didn't see my video?"

"No, but I saw this bloody mess, and it kind of clued me in!" He turned, thrusting his phone towards her. His twitter feed was pulled up, with nothing but hate for Melody.

"What is @TroyeSivan thinking? She obviously just wants attention."

"I decided to look up that chick @TroyeSivan is dating. She's such a poser. Teal hair?"

"Melody is only using @TroyeSivan to gain followers."

"Who does @TroyeSivan 's girlfriend think she is? She's a nobody."

Melody bit her lip and continued reading but Troye grabbed his phone before she could scroll down any farther.

"Melody, I can't believe you. I told you not to tell." Troye scolded.

"I couldn't take it anymore! Troye, I love you, and I don't want to hide that!"

He sighed. She reached for his hand to comfort him.

"Let me to get my camera from my car. I guess it's time for me to make a video."

---

"Hello everyone, I'm Troye Sivan."

"And I'm Melody Spencer."

"There's been some.. things said lately, and I just need to make some things clear. Melody-" he paused, "She's bloody brilliant, and apparently some of you can't see that. Melody and I have been dating for over a year now, and if you guys have a problem with that, then you're going to have to stop watching our videos, because as much as you guys are the reason we do what we do, our personal life is our personal life, and that's why we didn't share this with you until now."

Melody smiled beside him, nodding occasionally. This was Troye's video, and she wasn't doing to talk unless he needed her to.

"Now, just want to make sure this is perfectly understood by everyone: If I see any hate on any social media, you will be permanently blocked from both of our channels. If you hate Melody that much, then go complain to your 12 year old buddies because your remarks on twitter won't get you anywhere."

"We really do have the best in mind for everyone," Melody added, "And we try to fill you in on everything in our life, but like Troye said, what's private is private."

"We love you guys."

"So bloody much."

"And, hopefully, we'll see you around."