In Which Snogging in an Airport is not Allowed

Melody wandered through the huge Toronto airport. Tessa had dropped her off, but now Melody was on her own. She made it through security okay but this would be the first time she flew by herself. Not to mention how long a flight to Australia was.

She came prepared. Before she left her mum and dad with Jeremy, they used to take them on trips all the time. Hawaii, Spain, New York City, France, California, UK, She'd even been to Australia once, but it was when she was little, maybe two-years-old. She didn't remember it.

Her carry-on was stuffed to the brim with food. Lots of candy and crackers, a few (or more than a few) of those Nutella to-go packs. There was no way she would be able to survive a 22 hour flight without snacks. sure, they serve meals on the plane, but Melody is a person of the internet, she's always hungry. Troye had bought the direct ticket. She was not about to complain because, hey, free plain ticket, but there was a flight that stopped in LA. Melody would've appreciated the chance to restock on food in case she ran out, use the Internet, all that jazz. She didn't really have room for anything else, thank The Lord for technology. She had all the games, music, and books she needed for the flight on her iPhone.

The plane ride was miserable. The in-flight movies were sub-par, and as for the food, Melody's a vegetarian, and there wasn't very many vegetarian options. She mostly kept her headphones on and pretended to be asleep. She fell asleep a few times, but Melody's a light sleeper, and the flight attendants that kept announcing their presence over the intercoms did not help.

When she landed she followed the crowd of passengers downstairs to the baggage claim and stood by the carousel as she waited for her bag.

She had texted Troye and Shawna to tell them that she had landed. Troye said he'd be there to pick her up. Melody was excited to see Troye again, but not while she was jet-lagged, un-rested, and un-showered. She was probably a mess.

She took her jumper from her backpack and pulled it over her head. It was a bright red with white drawstrings and a kangaroo pocket in the front. She had only been wearing jean shorts and Tessa and Shawna's navy "Space Crustaceans" tee shirt, but it was June, and June in Australia is cold.

Most of the other passenger's bags had arrived, but Melody was one of the last people waiting. It was 8PM Australian time, 8AM back at home.

She yawned as she watched the same plain black suitcases circle the carousel, but no candy red duffels anywhere to be seen.

"Surprise!" Someone screamed in her ear, as they tackled her from behind, nearly knocking her over to the ground.

She turned her head to see Troye peeking over her shoulder. "Welcome to Australia!" He chimed as he removed himself from her back and allowed Melody to regain her posture.

"Oh my word, Troye you scared the crap out of me!" Melody laughed.

"I'm sorry, I just got so excited to see you!" He squealed.

Melody fan-girl squealed and wrapped her arms around his neck tightly.

"You're choking me, Mels."

"Sorry" she said releasing him, but keeping her arms draped casually around his shoulders.

"Well," Troye chuckled awkwardly, "I think I'm going to kiss you, Melody Spencer"

But Troye never did, because she kissed him first. It took him by surprise, the way Melody pulled him in to her, leaving him feeling hallow inside. Six months of only seeing her on the other side of a computer screen was totally worth it in the end.

At some point Troye realized how it was probably rather inappropriate for them to be snogging in such a public place, so he let her go, his hands still gently pressed in to her waist.

"I missed you so much," Melody whispered, nudging his nose gently with her own.

Troye smiled, but out of the corner of his eye, the nearly empty carousel caught his eye. "Is your suitcase red, Melody?" He asked.

"Yeah, why?"

He nodded his head towards the baggage claim, where the only suitcase still making its was around was a bright red one.

She laughed, dragging him by the hand behind her as she went to grab her bag.

Troye took the bag from her, putting the strap over his shoulder as they walked hand in hand back to his car.

"Is it too late for food?" Melody asked as they left through the glass sliding doors.

"It's never too late for food, Melody Spencer,"

---

Author's Note:

Sorry but this Author's Note is going to be short. It's way too late at night for me.

We passed 1,000 Views!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you very very much!

(That's why you get a kiss. As a present for 1,000 views. Next goal: Fifty votes! We're almost halfway there!)

Thanks to 22Starlight for being awesome. I'd dedicate this chapter to her, but I'm on mobile so I'll have to wait until I get back on my laptop in order to do dedications and stuff.

Forever Yours,

Kitty xxxxxxxx