In Which Melody is not a Normal Girl

Troye and Melody sat next to each other on his bed, both scrolling through their tumblr dashboard on their laptops.

Melody would laugh at something, "Have you seen this?" She might ask, nudging Troye and pointing to a text post or a gif set. Maybe Troye would say something like, "You've got to see this post," but other than that it was mostly silence.

Melody yawned and leaned her head on Troye's shoulder. "This is fun and all, but I barely slept on that plane. I need some rest before we leave for Durban in the morning" she sighed.

He smiled at her, draping his arm around her shoulder then taking her hand and fiddling with her fingers. "I don't blame you."

"Can I just.."

"Stay? Please."

Melody closed her laptop and tucked it under the bed. She threw his comforter over her legs, then sunk down into his pillow. She was still wearing her clothes she wore on the airplane, but she was so tired she would much rather sleep in her jean shorts and jumper than get up and go change. She laid on her side and turned to face Troye. "Goodnight, Troye," She said.

He closed his laptop and tucked it under the bed as well. He bent down to kiss Melody on her nose, before getting under the covers himself. "Goodnight Mels." He replied.

---

Melody was sound asleep now, her head curled onto Troye's chest and her long aqua hair sprawled out everywhere. Troye wondered how she slept with all that hair without strangling herself in her sleep. Her left arm was tucked under him, and her right arm over, so that she was gently hugging his torso.

For the first time in a long time, Troye was happy to go to bed early.

---

Melody woke up to an empty bed. She jolted upward as she scanned the room for Troye. He must've gone downstairs. Melody, feeling quite awkward, decided to just pretend she was still asleep until whenever Troye came back.

It wasn't too long until Troye came and tapped on her shoulder.

"Good morning Mels" He chimed.

She faked a yawn. "Good morning" she said as she opened her eyes.

"I made breakfast." He said with a smile. "I mean, I tried to. I was the only one awake. Apparently mum was running some last minute errands, dad was at work, and Sage and the bros were all still asleep." Melody could tell by his awkward chuckle that whatever breakfast he had attempted to make had failed. "I ended up just making ice cream sundaes."

"For breakfast?" Melody asked.

"I ruined all the breakfast food," he admitted.

"Ice Cream is fine by me," Melody said with a playful roll of her eyes.

---

Melody sat with Troye at the kitchen table as they ate their ice cream. Troye's hair was a mess, as was Melody's. They and their bed head were quite the match.

Someone rang the doorbell repetitively, then walked right in. "Troye!!" They screamed. It was a girl.

Melody sat there awkwardly as a tall, not to mention gorgeous, blonde ran in the kitchen and tackled Troye with a hug.

"Hey Kayla," Troye said happily.

"Who's she?" Kayla asked, tilting her head towards Melody, but not in a rude manner, this was the first time a pretty blonde had said anything to Melody in a kind tone.

"A YouTube friend. She's from Canada." He introduced.

"Melody," She added.

"Kayla," She smiled. "Troye's mentioned you before. Your hair really is teal!"

"Yeah.." Melody's slow laughter portraying her obvious discomfort.

"It's gorgeous," she complimented.

"Th..thanks.." Melody mumbled.

"Well don't mind me, I just wanted to say goodbye to my boo before he left for Durban." She teased, ruffling with Troye's already tousled hair, before giving him a quick hug. "I'll leave you to your Internet stuff."

She left, and Melody just sat there, nearly speechless.

"I'm sorry Melody, she's just a friend if you were thinking..."

"No, It's not that, I just... People like that don't talk to me, Troye." She interrupted.

"What do you mean "people like that" she's just Kayla," Troye asked.

"Yeah. And she's bloody gorgeous. She's like a bloody model. And then there's me. I've got bloody mermaid hair that I dyed in my bloody kitchen sink, and i'm wearing the same bloody shorts and shirt that I've had on for like... 48 hours straight." She rambled, enunciating the word "bloody" each time she said it.

"I personally love your mermaid hair. It's one of the first things I noticed about you." Troye said quietly.

"There's a reason people dye their hair like this. For attention. No one ever paid attention to me in school. Why do you think I'm a person of the Internet!"

"Mels, calm down, it's just Kayla. She's just a normal girl!" Troye asserted.

"Maybe to you! I haven't had a bloody girlfriend since bloody secondary school! No one talks to me!"

"What about Tessa and Poppy and Shawna and them?"

"They're different! They're in the same boat as me! Tessa can't keep the same hair for a month, and Poppy and Shawna both have bleach blonde and purple hair now!"

"Look, Mels, this is nothing to get worked up over. She was nice, wasn't she?"

Melody nodded, "Sorry I just, I'm just not used to strangers being nice to me, and that and the lack of sleep, it just really through me off guard."

"It's okay I understand"

She sighed, "I'm not a normal girl,"

Troye smiled, taking her hand in his, "I wouldn't want you to be."

---

Author's Note:

The comments are blowing up! I'm glad you guys like it! Sorry this AN will be short too, I was supposed to go to bed like two hours ago and I have to get up early to teach.

Much love for all the crazy support.

-Kitty xxxxxxx