In Which Melody Meets Troye

Chapter 2: In Which Melody Meets Troye

Melody and Jeremy stashed their stuff in their hotel room, the Melody practically dragged her brother out to the exhibition room. With her box of "ThatGirlMelody" tee shirts and Canon 60D in tow, she pushed open the doors, and searched the room for the table with the small piece of paper labeled "Melody Spencer".

She set up her table and watched as many people passed by, and only a few recognized her.

She took pictures, and eventually decided to vlog.

"Hey Everyone it's ThatGirlMelody." She chirped. "I'm here in sunny Florida at the one and only Playlist Live! I'm having so much fun meeting all you guys here..."

She talked for ages about the plane ride, the quality of free soaps in the hotel, and people she had met when she noticed something in her camera screen. Some other youtuber, (an attractive one at that), was making faces in the background of her video. She shut off her camera and turned to him .

"Oi, what do you think you're doing, mister?" She asked with a small smile on her lips.

"Just putting my face out there on the interwebs." He chuckled, walking over towards her. "Troye Sivan." He introduced himself, his Australian accent flowing sweetly.

"Melody Spencer." She said with a grin. "You're that 'OTP baby, We're my OTP..." Guy, right?" She said attempting to sing the song, but failing and ending up just humming the rest.

He laughed. "That would be me."

"Well sorry about the video, if you want me to edit it out I can.." She suggested.

"Nah, that's fine." He said with a smile, "in fact," he put his arm around her so he could reach her camera to turn it on. "Hello friends, I'm Troye Sivan."

Melody stuttered for a moment, stunned that someone like Troye would want to be in her video. "Meet Troye everyone."

"I just had the pleasure of meeting your delightful Melody, and I assure all of you, as soon as I get a few minutes, I will be stalking her on the Internet." He said with a grin.

Melody laughed quietly. "You do that, Troye."

Melody turned the camera back off. She was awkward enough around guys in real life, she didn't need it all documented and put on YouTube.

"Are you going to Disney sometime this weekend, Melody?" Troye asked, pulling a chair over from the empty booth next to her and sitting beside her.

"Yeah, I'm going tomorrow with Tessa, Shawna and Poppy and them." She answered.

Jeremy interrupted. "You're going to Disney with Poppy!"

"Chill, stalker. You weren't invited." Melody groaned.

Troye gave an elaborate frown. "I wasn't invited either."

"I'm sure they won't mind, Troye." Melody smiled, tilting her head slightly to the side.

"How come..."

"I'm just teasing, I was planning on going tomorrow anyway." Troye laughed, patting Jeremy on the shoulder. "Don't give up on Poppy though, she's a cutie."

Jeremy frowned. Melody better not fall for this Troye character. Besides he sounds... Australian? Talk about long distance relationship. But Mels was young and naive, so she probably would.

Melody gave a quick raise of the eyebrow to Jeremy which clearly read "sorry Loser, maybe next time, pssh, who are we kidding you and Poppy have no chance. Sucks to suck."

"Well, Melody," Troye said typing something on his phone. "I was supposed to be at room 207 ten minutes ago so I believe I've got to dash." He placed his phone in her hands and skipped away. "See you at Disney." He said with a wink.

"Troye, your phone..." She started, holding his phone out when she realized that it was her phone he had given her. "number is cool..." she finished awkwardly.

"That's great Melody, text me and I'll decide if your's is cooler." He said with another bloody wink before disappearing into the crowd.

---

That night Melody worked on editing that vlog, hoping to get it uploaded before she left playlist so she could make a few more.

"...your delightful Melody..."

Melody sighed. Far from delightful, she was, but at least she was making friends.

"Melody, would you turn the light out!" Jeremy shouted from the couch, where he was trying to sleep.

"Too busy making a video to pay for this trip, stupid." She sighed, closing out of her tumblr and twitter and saving what she had so far.

"Well could you pay for this trip in the dark?" He asked.

"I'm not Fantine, Jeremy." She jabbed.

"What.."

"Are all my references lost on you?" She sighed again.

"Usually."

She groaned loudly. "I'm not even going to bother explaining that to you." She said as put away her laptop and turned out the light.

See you at Disney, Troye...

---

Author's Note:

Greetings again!

Still looking for a faceclaim :3

"ThatGirlMelody" is the username I came up with xD if there is an actual "ThatGirlMelody" my apologizes dearest, and I will change it!

-Kitty