Chapter 1

Picture of Sang.

**********

"SANG!"

I flinched hard jumping out of my bed to run downstairs towards my mother.

"Get over here now." My so called mother hisses. I step foward trying to deciper what was wrong.

The dishes were washed, lunch cooked, the house spotless. What was going on?

"Do you see this?" She points to a cabinet. I only nod.

She reaches out and opens it, revealing a mess of crackers everywhere in the cabinet.

Marie.

My sister did this just to get me in trouble. Let me explain first. I'm a foster kid. Moving from house to house, family to family.

Lets just say that I have an abusive mother, hateful sister, and a very neglecting father.

Why don't I run away? Because I'm grateful. They kept me for eight years. After the five year mark, I'm officially theirs. Thats also when my family had turned hateful towards me.

Oh well, nothing I could do about it now but suck it up.

I take a deep breath and start cleaning. But my mother had other ideas.

Pulling my hair, she slapped my cheek. And not just slapped, she literally slapped me so hard that there was blood running down my face.

I ignored it as usual. The pain would soon go away and it would just sting.

She left me with a bloody face and I started cleaning.

Once I was done, I dragged myseld up the stair to the bathroom Marie and I share.

As usual, I see it was messy after Maries arrival. Marie didn't bother cleaning up her messes. She made me do it.

After cleaning up Marie's mess and my cheek, I stared into the mirror.

A too small girl with dirty blonde hair stared back. She had too big green eyes and a too big mouth. Her nose was too small and she plain. Small and plain.

That was how mother explained her. No one else had said differently.

The girl in the mirror sighed. This wasn't going to help or do anything.

I went back into my room and looked at the clock. I had about three hours before I need to start on dinner.

I smiled and put on a tanktop and shorts. Grabbing a waterbottle from under my bed where I normally store them, I went out the back door.

I stared at the woods from my backyard. For some people it would look menacing, for me it looked peaceful.

I thought of some exerises that I'd seen on the TV. They said we had to warm up first, they did that by running.

Taking a deep breath, I ran into the forest.

Don't look at me like I'm crazy, I follow the paths in the woods So as to not get lost.

Increasing my speed, I pushed harder.

I stopped suddenly when I saw a hint of blue. Thinking back of whenI saw it, I turned and ran the way I'd come from for a few seconds.

There. The hint of blue. I had to stand at a certain angle to see it so it must be farther away.

Thats fine, I could run a little more. I start off in the direction of where I could see the hints of blue.

I had abandoned the paths a while ago. The blue was getting closer and bigger.

Stopping at the tree line, I peeked throught them.

It was a pool.

A real life pool.

My mouth was watering already.

A pool.

I haven't been in one for ages. Five years to be exact.

I sighed. This was going to get me nowhere.

By the sun, I could tell that my three hours were almost up. Oh well, I could work out tomorrow.

After a few seconds I was back at my back door. The pool house wasn't far from mine. Just a couple of houses away.

I went in to make dinner.