Chapter 28

"You look amazing," I tell Karen. I had blind folded both Karen and Wil after they had gotten their haircuts and pushed them into seperate fitting rooms.

Karen had a blue blouse with designer jeans on. Complete with a white leather jacket and converse.

I had already done Wil, currently, he was waiting at the foor court. He had put on the ripped jeans and black leather jacket I had given him.

I shot a look at Karen and she sighed. "I've never felt this way before. I'm no virgin but, never felt like this to any of the guys I've done the deed with, you know?"

I only nod when I have no idea what she's talking about. The 'deed?' What's that? I make a note in my brain to ask about that. I'm not doing anymore research. The internet is not reliable. I've learned that much.

When she turns around to look at her back, I sneakily unlock and push Karen out of the stall.

"Hey!"

I only shrugged. She looked beautiful, unlike me. I was ugly. Ugly and plain just like Mother says.

I grab her hand drag her out of the store. We couldn't keep Wil waiting. Or else my plan would have been for nothing.

I didn't have a problem with dragging her to the food court. She felt like nothing, like I'd been lifting weights all my life.

Was that abnormal?

I shook off my thoughts when I realized we were here.

I nudged Karen towards where Wil was sitting and made my escape. They need alone time. I shouldn't be there, making them feel uncomfortable to say what they want to say to each other.

I grin. Those lovebirds.

I wonder what I should do while I wait for them. I furrow my eyebrows, what should I do?

A thought invades my brain. I grin once more and start walking.

I've always wanted to do this for a while. Just never could because first - I didn't have cash and second - I couldn't leave the house so no way to get here.

I duck into a book store and bee line straight towards the fictional aisle. I'm squealing in the inside. I've heard about all different new popular books from the radio. I couldn't wait to get them!

I remember all the books and their authors.

Veronica Roth.

Divergent series.

I light up when I find it. The whole series is about ten dollars if I get a used copy. I held it in my arms as I went in the Fantasy section.

C. C. Hunter.

Shadow Falls series.

After Dark: Shadow Falls.

Two series. Yummy. The used copies cost in a total of thirty dollars. That makes forty dollars total. I spent twenty on Karen and Wil ' s haircut and made themselves pay for their own outfit, so...I still had ten to spare!

I payed for the books and put them in one of the plastic baggies they gave me.

What to do now?

I shrugged internally. I had no idea. I decided to just walk around, looking at all the posters the mall's walls had.

Hence why I'm walking in circles, lost.

I thought back to where I had come from. Backtracked a circle.

I stopped and blew a breath through my lips. I hoped Karen and Wil would somehow find and save me.

I didn't feel like just standing there so I continued walking.

Something caught my eye and I halted in my tracks. I turned my head and saw a guitar in a display case in a music store.

I started getting excited and strode towards the store that was further away in a corner.

That is until I get distracted by the announcements that go off in the mall.

"South Park Mall closing in fifteen minutes. I repeat, South Park Mall closing in fifteen minutes."

I jump and scurry faster to the music store. Maybe I can play for ten minutes?

My concertration was on the store so I didn't notice the people in front of me.

They suddenly stopped and I ended up slamming into a back, my lips brushing the back of their neck.

He spins around and halts when they see me. My gaze is on the ground, apologizing.

A finger appears under my chin and lifts it up. I look up into intense light brown eyes.

Fire eyes.

Victor.

I blink. I bumped into Victor? What was he doing here?

"Sang?"

That makes me snap my eyes downward. "I'm really, really, sorry. I should've been careful of where I step."

"It's okay," He says. But it's not okay, I'll make it up to him somehow.

I need to think of something later. "What are you doing here?"

I look around him and see Kota and Gabriel ' s amused faces. My face burned with embarressment.

"I - I mean, why are you all here?" My face crimson.

They all grin. Kota answers, "Just hanging out. What about you?"

I didn't feel the need to explain about Karen and Wil so I replied, "Same."

I hesitate, I didn't want them to think I was weird, "I'm also...lost." I hung my head in shame.

They all chuckled and the blood in my face increased. They're laughing at me, I think.

I sigh, I should've kept my mouth shut. I turn, music store forgotten and start walking the opposite way.

"Sang! Wait!"

I pause. Kota. What did they want now?

"Yes?" I ask softly.

"Don't go." Now I won't lie, that really confused and shocked me. What, do they not want me to leave? They were making fun of me.

A realization hits me. They wanted to make even more fun of me.

I shake my head and continued walking.

"Please don't go."

This time I cracked. "Why? So you could just make fun of me?"

Kota's head reared back. "No! We weren't making fun of you! Its just that when you got lost like that it was..." His cheeks tinted pink.

"Oy! It was fucking cute that's what!" Gabriel shouts from being Kota. "It was cute how you got lost like that."

All shame vanished and instead, a weird tingling sensation took over me. It was like nervousness but...nicer. It felt good.

I smiled shyly at him, my cheeks pink just like Kota's.

"Thanks."