Chapter 7

Uncle had explained to me how to work the register and even waiter tables.

He had told me to make some gournment soup. I had passed the test 'with flying colors' as he has said.

I was now walking home after my meeting with Uncle. Tomorrow I would start my first job.

Once I got home my mother was waiting for me.

"Where were you?" She asks.

"In the woods." I lie smoothly.

"What were you doing there?" She snarles.

"Walking." I answer in the same smooth tone.

"Ungrateful brat!" She yells and pulls on my hair, tugging me to the kitchen.

I sighed lightly so she wouldn't hear and punish me more.

Taking vinger and lemon juice from the cabinets, she mixed them together and made me drink it. I drank it without complaint.

She then smashed the gglass on the ground telling me tto pick it up with my bare hands.

I complied and when she left, I ran over to the secret cabinet that only I knew about and slipped on a pair of gloves.

After I had gotten all the glass shards, I went up to my room to refresh.

In my room, I have medicine that helps my throat heal faster. The only thing is tht it tastes terrible and I vomit afterwards but my throart should be healed in the morning.

Afterwards, I made dinner and went up to sleep.

❤❤❤

The light peeked through my eyelids and I sat up.

I groan not quite ready for another terrible day.

I then remember today is my first job and should get going.

I bounce around the housse doind the chores and making breakfast.

Since I was going to be walking there but wanted to look nice, I put on a knee length skirt with a built-in shorts underneath. I put on a pale pink tanktop with designes of roses on it.

I grabbed some closed toed shoes and went out the back door to the woods.

While walking on the trail, I pulled my hair into a bun placing multiple clips in so it doesn't fall.

I walk into the diner and I'm greeted by Uncle who shoo's me to the register.

I take my spot at the register and place my tin tip can on the counter.

I had wrote 'Tips' on the can with a few hearts. I take a deep breath and look up as two guys come through the door.

I recognize Dr. Green and the guy who wore the suit to a pool party.

They were murmuring to each other about something. I decided to act like I was excited to see Dr. Green.

"Dr. Green!" I feign cheerfulness and give them both a big smile. They seem dazed for a while before focusing back at me.

"Sang!" He greets me cheerfully also but then feigns hurt. "You didn't tell me you worked here!"

I smile slightly. "It's my first day and you're my first customers."

I glance at the guy in the suit. He seemed to be the kind that is always formal. And I could be formal, no problem. "Would you give me the honer of being my first customers?"

Dr. Green started bouncing and the guy in the suit gave me a small nod.

I hld out my hand to the suit guy. "Sang Sorenson." I tell him my name.

He shake my hand firmly. "Owen Blackbourne." His lips turn up to give me the tiniest smile.

I smile slightly also and pull out index cards Uncle had wrote on and read them before turning to the guys waiting before me alreading memorizing it.

I clear my throat and straighten my back before I started talking. "Good morning, my name is Sang and I will be your waitress for today." I grab my notepad pen leading them towards an empty table.

I tke their oders and get them from Uncle. He winks at me silently telling me I'm doing a good job.

I get a little distracted because my favorite song had come on and I was bobbing my head to the beat. I realized at the last seconds that there was someone about to bump into to me so I slid the tray I was holding onto a nearby table before sidestepping the stranger and slidding on the polished floor till I stopped which was a few feet from the original place I was standing.

The stranger wasn't so lucky. He ended up on the floor after knocking some chairs over. Fortunately, the food wasn't disturbed.

I walk over to him and looked down. He had dark eyes and jet black hair. He looked scary but I kept the fear from my face and instead put an amused look on my face.

I smirk slightly, "You must be pretty heavy to knock down so many chairs."

He only growls and I lose my smirk to a look of the concerned. "Are you okay?"

His nostril flares and I sigh, starting to stretch.

His brows furrowed and he scowled. Whatever. It was my fault he was hurt.

After I had sucessfully stretched, I put myself in a position giving me more strength.

I grab his hand and pull. Man, was he heavy!

I could tell he was suprised I could lift him but I could do a lot of things.

I grab the trey from where I had abandoned it to Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne. They were both shocked, Dr. Green was showing it freely but Mr. Blackbourne had it hidden but I could see it in his eyes.

"Enioy your stay." I tell them grinning slightly and when I turned around, I could see the scary guy still staring.

I shook my head smirking slightly. Yup, I just did that, why are you still so shocked?