Chapter 21

It was lunch time. Yes, I know I sound like a little kid but I'm excited to meet up with Wil.

I enter the courtyard looking for Wil. I took note of the seven guys staring at me but otherwise ignored them. I couldn't just go talk to them for I could see Marie and Danielle whispering about something in the other end of the courtyard.

A pretty girl-Jade-came over and ploped herself in North's lap. North's head reared back as if he didn't want her there.

I was really confused. Shouldn't he be happy if a really pretty girl like Jade was sitting on his lap?

I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking. This went against all the research I did. What was going on? When she had sat in Rocky's lap, his arms went around her, enjoying a pretty girl sitting on his lap. So why wasn't North? Did he not like her? If so, why?

I look around again and plopped down on the bench Wil and I usually use. Was he not here? Was he sick? Is he in trouble?

My panic grew and I couldn't keep still so I bounced my knee up and down.

I decided to do something productive since I hadn't packed a lunch and plopped right off the bench and wandered around till I got to the bulletin board. The bulletin board was used for announcments.

I analyzed the papers and my sight rested on a flyer for a music class. It would take up my study hall but I'd always wanted to learn in a music class even if I already knew how to play an instument. I justed wanted to fit in. To not be considered a freak or the nasty things my mother calls me in her lectures.

Her lectures consisted of calling me names and yelling and hitting me. I always just block the pain out so it's just a gentle throb where my pulse is, but other than that, I have to bear her shouting.

I focused on the flyer once more and thought about it. It said to meet up in the chorus room, not the music room. Hmmm.

I shrugged and wrote my name on the list with a pen. There. No backing out now.

Feeling triumphant, I walked away from the bulletin board.

Only to bump into someone.

Warm arms surround me and I'm pulled into a hard chest. I look up to see Silas.

What was he doing here? I voiced my thought.

Silas grinned, "Looking for you," He answered.

I gave a look of pure confusion and he chuckled.

"I have to continually look at that pretty face of yours aggele mou. My eyes automatically search for you in a crowd. I can't get you out of my mind."

Was that bad? Can't get you out of my mind? That was bad. It meant I was crowding them and invading their personal space. I immediatly felt bad and pulled away from his grip.

"I'm so sorry," I say with tear filled eyes that seeked out the individual blades of grass on the ground. "I'd keep out of your head but I don't know how to! I promise I'll avoid you and get out of your hair."

And that was the last thing I said befor running off in the opposite direction.