Chapter 18

"You okay?" Nathan asks me.

I duck my head only to perfect abs staring back at me. He's not wearing a shirt. I look back up to his eyes-which are sparkling with amusment-then over his shoulder.

I take a deep breath and said, "Yeah, I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going."

He shakes his head, "No, I'm sorry, I should've been looking where I was going."

I smile, it was cute when we argued. "We're both sorry," I tell him unwrapping his arms from my waist. "I should be going."

"No wait," Nathan catches my wrist when I had turned. "Can't you stay a little longer? Come over? The guys and I are having a sleepover."

I frown, "Where do you live?"

His face brightens, "Over there." He points to the pool house. I was expecting this so I wasn't surprised.

"Yeah, well, I really have to go Nathan, see you at school?" I ask him hoping I didn't lose my friend.

His face dropped and shoulders slumped. "Okay, but you didn't say if you wanted to come to the sleepover..."

I hesitantly laid a hand on one of his slumped shoulders. "I would love to but I can't." I hesitated, "My mother's really strict."

His body straightened up and he seemed more vibrant. "You'd love to?"

I blushed, "Yeah, of course! But, I can't even when I'd really want to."

Nathan grinned, "K, see ya."

"See ya," I said softly at his retreating back.

I slipped back inside the house and cooked dinner. It wasn't until dinner time that I'd realized the brown haired girl that was next to Marie the whole school day was at the house.

We did introductions and she told me her name was Danielle. She had long brown hair like Marie's and brown eyes that hid a ton of secerets. Like mine, but different secerets.

Badgirl secrets.

I groaned internally, she was not a good influence for Marie. I didn't say anything though, didn't want a punishment.

After I had laid dinner on the table, I went upstairs to my room.

I stood there in the doorway, caculating.

Someone had been here.

I took a big sniff and smelt cheap perfume and a deoderant smell comeing from my closet. My room smelled fruity, not like cheap perfume and deoderant.

I frowned once again. Marie had a plastic smell so she wasn't in here. Mother anf Father certaintly didn't smell like this.

I edged to my closet slowly, scared it would somehow pop out legs and arms and start attacking me.

Like a monster version of 'The beauty and the Beast.'

I giggled a little at the image in my head but then switched to seriousness.

I slowly opened my closet's doors and a took another big wiff.

Yup, cheap perfume and deoderant stinking all over the place.

I'd closed my eye before opedning the door thinking it might be medusa but since I didn't hear any hissing, I opened my eyes.

And, drumroll please...wow.

My closet was a rats nest. Clothes were turned over and stuff inside boxes spilling out on the closet floor.

The worst thing was...the clothes one the floor wasn't mine. Mine were no where to be found.

I took a deep breath and poked and prodded the clothes in a heap on the floor.

I sucked in a sharp breath.

They were boy clothes.

All of them. And they way to big for me.

Who did this?

My mind went back to the brown haired girl sitting next to Marie downstairs.

Danielle.