Chapter 32

~A~

Sean Green's Point Of View:

I was working at the Academy hospital when a Mother and her daughter came in looking a bit smug.

They both had brown hair and eyes. The Mother had her arms crossed against her chest, pushing up her breasts much more than needed.

The daughter cradled her hand to her chest, fingers curled into a ready fist. Her fist was a bloody mess. It looked like North's fist when he hit a wall or punching bag one too many times.

Dr. Robert's was manning the desk because Jenny had already left, having kids to care for. He nodded at me, silently telling me to take care of this pair.

"Hello, I am Dr. Sean Green and I will be your doctor for this evening." Wow, that sounds wrong. Oh so very wrong.

I hope they don't take this to heart and think I'm flirting with them. After all the Mother is in her forties and the Daughter is most likely sixteen. I defiantly wouldn't flirt with a forty year old! I could flirt with a sixteen year old but that depended on how pretty they were, no offence.

The Daughter had long hair that ended mid-back. She had a glint in her eye, same goes for the Mother. They both seem smug for some reason? Why were they so smug?

I waved it off, I was just getting paranoid. It's been a long day. Yet still, I had a really bad feeling about this.

The Daughter stands up straighter, arching her back to get her breasts to seem fuller. I knew this crap. It so didn't work on me.

"I'm Marie," She says huskily. I refrain from rolling my eyes. So she was that kind of girl.

I caught the her Mother nodding slightly at her as if she approved. It was impossible to not catch Marie's beam at her Mother's approval.

I smile politely at her, not leading her on. Jeez, the women here. They think everything is a lead on. And everything a guy says is flirtatious.

I patch her up with bandages on her knuckles and ask her how she got  her knuckles broken.

"Punched a wall," She smiled smugly and I could tell by the glint in her eyes that she did not punch a wall.

I leaned forward and her eyes widened. Oh. My. God. Did she really think I was going to kiss her?

"What's the real reason you got your knuckles broken?" I ask in a commanding tone.

I saw her and her Mother glance at each other. "I hit a wall," She said slightly scared.

I decided not to push, if I'd told them the way her knuckles were broken would've been caused by nose, they would probably freak.

"Name?" I ask instead.

"Marie." She stubbornly answers.

I sighed, growing frustrated. "Surname?"

Marie's eyebrows furrowed. I came to a realization. She didn't know what that meant?!

"Last name," I clarified, "You should've known that."

Her face flushes - not a pretty sight - but nods tightly. I raised an eyebrow, any day now.

"Sorenson."

Something clicked in my brain. "You don't happen to know Sang Sorenson?" I got confused when I saw their murderous looks. "She's in my Japanese class."

Their murderous and evil looks vanish and they seem almost, disappointed.

They walked out the door, checking out of the hospital. They never answered my question about Sang, I thought,

I shook my head, what a weird pair.