Chapter 30

We loaded into a light grey BMW.

Victor explains that this was his car but Kota was driving.

I only nodded and climbed in. I thought struck me as Kota revs up the engine.

"Can you guys drop me a block off?" I blushed bright red and looked down at my lap shamefully, playing the role exactly. "My mother doesn't know I sneaked off."

Gabriel looks smug. "You're trouble Sang, sneaking off to the mall and then getting lost after getting her friends together..." He trails but his face brightness as if he got the best idea in the world. "That it! Trouble! I'll call you Trouble!"

I blush crimson, not acting anymore. I was trouble? Do they hate me? Should I stay away from them? I frown, distressed. Was I causing them trouble? Did they want me to go away from them? Did they want me out of their sight? Or was this something like Silas had said? That this was...good?

Gabriel must have seen something in my face because he starts, "No Sang! I mean it like a good kind of Trouble! I need spice in my day!"

Spice in your day? But isn't that...spicy? I giggle at the thought and I realized my mistake. Mother always said my giggle sounded like a goat dying. I shouldn't giggle. Ever.

I gulp and stare straight ahead, embarressed that they heard my giggle. I see the others looking towards me, a but dazed.

They were dazed because my giggle and laugh is so ugly. A weird feeling took over me. A sense of stubborness.

I didn't care.

I didn't care if my giggle sounded like I was choking. I didn't care. I didn't care if I was ugly and plain. I didn't care.

I didn't care!

It felt as if a huge weight was lifted off my chest. I glanced around and Kota, Victor, and Gabriel looked at me, concerned.

I swallowed giggles at their antics. I realized they were playing me. They didn't care about me!

For some reason, giggle were set free. I laughed and laughed and laughed. I laughed so hard I was clutching my sides, tears rolling down my face.

The others joined in for reason. Probably laughing at my laugh.

But I didn't care.