Chapter 2

Registration.

For high school.

And I'm scared out of my mind.

Last night Father had told Marie and I that we'd be going to high school. A real high school. Not homeschool, high school. With other kids and teachers and grades.

I had looked over and read the pamphlet a dozen times and had picked the classes I'd wanted.

I looked to my Father and Marie who were walking towards the school. Better start following if you don't want to get lost.

I agreed.

Speed walking towards them, I got a weird feeling. As if someone was watching me.

I glance around trying to shake the feeling off when I meet a pair of eyes. He had redish hair and a goatee. A shiver ran down my spine makeing me feel as if I should stay away.

And I definately will, I've leant to trust my instincts.

I spy Marie and my father going inside the school. I break into a full out run and reach them without any problems.

My father looks at me disapprovingly. "Learn to catch up faster." He says and points to his car. "Meet up there."

Marie utters an 'ok' but I only nod in silence.

Marie and I go our seprerate ways heading for our counselors.

I sneak behind mine trying to make myself invisible. Taking a sneak peek at her name I filed it to memory.

Tiffinany Sanders.

Yes, yes, I got it.

Taking my registration paper, I filled it with the classes I wanted and signed the name of the counselor that I had stolen it from.

Sighing contentedly, I started off in the direction of my father's car.

My father was already waiting there and I handed him my paper. He signed it without looking.

I took the paper back from him and started back into the school.

Let me correct that; I tried to go back to the registration tables but got bumped into along the way.

I fell to the ground on my butt. And ow did that hurt.

I look to see a middle aged man. I thought back to that spy movie when they talked about profiling someone.

And so, I profiled him. His suit was worn by the color fading at the edges. His tie was crooked suggesting that he didn't wear this at home and was in a hurry when putting it on.

From the satisfactory glint in his eyes, that told me he didn't have a wife. Or did have a wife but divorced.

By the way he held himself, he had a preety high rank in the school. I had to be polite.

"I'm so sorry sir, I didn't see where I was going." I said with sincerity.

He sneers down at me and I imediatly cringe.

"Your clothes aren't legible for this school, you must go home and change." He snatches my paper and crumples it in his hand. "Then you can come back and get it."

I opened my mouth to say something but its lost when he started talking again.

"What's your name anyway?"

"Sang," I whisper.

He scoffs "People and their hippie names. Last name?"

"Sorenson," I whisper at the same tone.

"Thought so," He grunted and mumbled something about 'hippies and their hippie surnames'.

"You must go back home. Go!" He shouts and I flinch hard.

As I'm turning to go, I heard a new voice join the conversation.

"Now, Mr. Mcoy, I'm sure that the counselors don't need this. They are exahausted enough already." His voice was happy and playful. I continued walking.

"Wait a second now, come back!" The mysterious voice said. I sighed and turned not wanting to get into anymore trouble than I already am in.

"Hold your hands to your sides sweetie." The voice cooed and even when I stiffened, I did what he asked. I hadn't even looked up from my feet yet, scared that if I do, I'd get into trouble.

"See, Mr. Mcoy, her skirt is longer than her fingers, that means she doesn't have to go home." the strange male said.

I silently thanked him and grabbed my registration from Mr. Mcoy's hands and walked off.

I didn't get far though, a hand grabbed my elbow and spun me around.

A guy stood there, he had blonde hair and kind green eyes. I had astrange vibe that said he wasn't dangerous like my Mother had explained men to be like.

I belived her because she was the one who knew, I didn't.

Focusing on the stranger, I wondered what he wanted.

"Yes?" I asked him still whispering.

He grinned, making his face and eyes light up. He shook my hand and while it was still clapsed onto his, he pulled me towards a door.

There weren't any students in this hallway so I could hear him clearly when he spoke.

"I'm Dr. Sean Green. Mr. Mcoy could be a huge annoyance." He smiled softley at me. "Are you okay?"

I only nodded.

Dr. Green was about to knock on the door well I spoke up.

"I really should be going now. I belive my father and sister are waiting for me." I say in my normal voice which is still pretty soft. I give him my registration paper. "Could you please put this on the table?"I pause thinking of my posibilities. "Or if it's too much trouble I'll do it."

I reach for my paper but Dr. Green pulls it out of my reach.

He shakes his and said, "No, it's not a problem at all. Anything for a cute little thing like you."

I blusha at this and spin on my heels practically running to my father's car.

I hear Dr. Green saying goodbye and I give a wave over my shoulder without looking back.

I reach the car at the same time as Marie. Father doesn't question us and we and strat the drive home.

Only then did I realize what I had done.

I had interacted with a male.

Wow.