Chapter 24

Karen, Wil and I walk back to the chorus room at lunch.

We had a project to complete.

Once we got there, the teacher-Mr. Karl-gave us three clipboards with a wink. I seriously needed to do more research on winks.

"Okay, this is a competetion remember? We're a team so lets slip the places students are most. No way one human being can get names from all of those places in thirty minutes." Karen says.

She gives out directions and I have to get names from the courtyard. She gave me the biggest place for some reason. Maybe I wasn't working hard enough?

But I nod anyway, eager to give a contibution to the team.

We all split up, Karen-confident, Wil-terrified, me-determined.

I reach the courtyard and look around for someone to start on.

I see a group of boys but I'd promised to stay away from them. Then again, I'd only promised Silas. Not everyone else right?

I start heading over there pause a few behind them. I'm about to continue my way over when a hear a sharp whistle.

I glance from where it came from and see the boy's heads turn also.

Jade was standing there waving her clipboard over her head. I think she was trying to attract attention from everyone and it was working.

"Alright Everyone! I need names on this clipboard," She waves it once more in the air. "And I need them now!"

She continued yelling but nobody moved towards her.

Everyone shook their heads and turned back to their conversations.

I turned back to the boys but found them staring at me instead.

I avoided Silas's eyes and instead looked into Kota's.

"What Jade said," I tell him and sheepishly hand him the clipboard.

He nods and jots his name in the first slot. He then hands it over to the rest of the boys starting with Nathan and ending with Silas.

My determination turned to dread when he turned towards me. I didn't look into his eyes, scared I'd find rage there.

I silently took the clipboard but a hand grabbed my elbow when I turned.

I could tell from the huge hand that it was Silas.

I turn to him, dread turning to fear. Then to determination. I didn't do anything. I didn't bother him. I didn't even make eye contact.

"Aggele mou look at me," Silas said. Whay was he still calling me 'his angel?'

"Yes?" I kept my gaze on the ground, taking all my self control to not look up and into his deep brown soulful eyes-

Stop!

"Aggele I'm not mad at you," My breath caught at this, he wasn't? "When I meant that I couldn't keep you out of my mind, I meant that as a good thing."

Good thing? How was that a good thing? He couldn't get me out of his mind so he got angry and frusterated. So why did what he just said not match up with my explanation?

I was wrong. But I can't be wrong. I'm never wrong. This is proof I need to reseach more. So I can be correct next time.

Then, what he said finally settled. He's not mad at me!

I slowly drift my gaze from the grass to his eyes. His deep brown beautiful soulful eyes.

He's not mad at me!