Backup... And A Lot Of Explaining

Wally P.O.V.

The gun was still aimed at Robin. Jat shot the gun out of his hands, careful enough to not to hit Robin. "If anyone moves, I shoot." Jay threatened.

'Link up,' Miss M said in my head. 'Anyone have a plan?'

'I have one... But you have to trust me,' I said.

'Anything works right now. What is it?' Robin spoke, breathing heavily.

'If I move fast enough, everything is in slow motion, right? But what if I take Miss M? She could telepathically move the bullet when I move to save Robin. He will shoot you even if we don't move.' I spoke straight to Robin.

There was a gun shot, I ran picked up Miss M, right before Robin yelled, "Go!" It felt like I ran for hours. I sped the fastest I have ever gone. Right before the bullet hit Robin, Miss M was doing her job by moving it in a different direction. 'I can't, too strong!' Miss M yelled.

Then it is just me here, I said in my head. 'All you Wally!' I heard whispers. I dropped Miss M, and ran in front of the bullet letting it hit me, instead of Robin. I yelled and fell backwards, falling ontop of Robin, tumbling down the mountain. When anyone realized what happened, it was too late, Jay...

Artemis P.O.V.

"KF! Wally! C'mon buddy!" Robin yelled at Wally.

I shot an arrow at Jay, stopping him from moving with the arrow Robin gave me earlier. I ran over to Wally. "This isn't funny! S-stop messing around-- get up! ....Oh god... Please get up!" I yelled.

"Get him to a hospital!" Robin yelled at Miss Martian.

She lifted him up and flew off towards Happy Harbor Hospital. Superboy followed behind her. "D-do you think she'll be fast enough?" I quietly spoke to Dick.

"She's faster than either of us. We need to trust her." Robin came over and rubbed my back. "Let's go." He started running to the hospital, which isn't actually that far away.

I followed behind him, we made it to the entrance. Looking down the hall, you could see Wally being rushed into a room. Robin ran over to one of the doctors and he nodded. Robin traded Wally masks. Well, he just gave Wally his and the doctor said he wouldn't take it off. He covered his eyes and came back over to me. "Do you have an extra mask my any chance?" He asked me.

"I have some sunglasses?"

"That works."

I handed him my sunglasses. That made my day, seeing the great Dick Grayson in bright green sunglasses. I let out a little laugh, as Robin struck a pose. "How do I look?" He laughed with me.

That's when Miss M and Superboy came over to us. "The doctor said that Wally will be out of the ER, hopefully in the morning, but he would like us to go home and get some sleep." She said.

"Okay, I'll meet you at Mount Justice." I said. I looked at the door Wally was in, then back at my friends who were leaving.

"You're staying aren't you?" Dick said from behind me.

"Yeah. I have to. Oh, Jay is tied to a tree, and the arrow you gave me works perfectly. Could you maybe make some more? There are arrows in my room if you need some."

"I will, but later. But I'll be back with a change of clothes, and some ice cream." He smiled and left.

I sat in the waiting room outside Wally's door. A few minutes later Dick showed up. He was dressed casually. He handed me my sunglasses and a bag. "Here. For you." I went to the bathroom and changed.

-time pass to the morning (5:12 am)-

The doctor came out. "We finished the surgery. He will be sleeping for a while and we'd like it if he would stay until he is all the way healed. But he is doing just fine. You can go in and see him."

I quickly stood up, yawned and went in. Dick left earlier and left me here. The doctor shut the door and left us in the room. Wally's heartbeat was steady. I pulled up a chair and sat down. I looked at him and took off Robin's mask, setting it on the table. I placed my hand on Wally's. "I'm so sorry Wally... This is all my fault. And earlier, when you kissed me. It was perfect." I smiled. "You're an amazing kisser. But what are we? Just friends? Or more than that? I sure hope we more than just friends. Friends don't look at each other the way we look at each other.... And truthfully, I love you Wally West."

I leaned my head on the bed he was in. When I felt my hand being squeezed tightly. "I love you too Artemis Crock." Wally spoke roughly.

"You're awake!" I look up at him. He nodded at me, he blinked slowly, like he was still tired. "Save your strength, you ran a lot today. A lot more than usual. And faster. Did you see how fast you went?! You were amazing!" I smiled bright at him.

"Come here." He smiled back at me. I let go of his hand, sat up and went closer to his face. "Did we get Jay?" He smiled.

"We did." I smiled back to him, letting a tear fall.

He reached up and held my cheek, wiping the tear away. "Babe, please don't cry. I'm right here for you when you need me."

"Thanks, Wally. But right now, I'm going to help you. Would you like anything?"

"I'm good, but thanks. You should probably get some sleep, you've been waiting all night." He yawned.

I yawned after. "Looks like we both need sleep." I pulled up the chair and rested my head on the bed. He smoothed my hair, fiddling with it. A moment later, he took my hand and fell asleep. I soon fell asleep after.

-time pass to when Wally can leave-

I walked into his room, hopefully the last time. "Doctor said I can leave." He told me as a nurse took out his IV and helped him up. He was definitely back to normal. "Let's go." He ran by me, picking me up and running out of the hospital. "I can run again!" He yelled.

"Yeah... But I think I'm gonna be sick." I complained, he went just too fast for me. He stopped and put me down.

He laughed and said, "Sorry, Artey."

"It's fine. Oh, I have a surprise for you." I smiled, handing him a bag. He looked inside it. "Do you like it?" I asked as he pulled out some Kid Flash socks and a yellow and red plad flannel.

"Like it?" He paused. "I love it!" He set them down, picked my up by my waist and spun me around. He then gave me a light kiss. "Thanks babe."

"Welcome, but that's only half of it."

"There's more?"

"Yeah, at Ollie's house I have something for you."

"Then let's go there," he picked the bag up and handed it to me. "Hold on." He sped off to Ollie's house.

Inside there was a group of superheroes, including the Justice League. They all yelled "Surprise!" There was a sign hanging from the staircase that said, 'welcome home speedster!' The Flash came up to him, he set me down, I stood in the crowd. I watched as The Flash hugged him after saying something.

I went over to where the punch bowl was, to thank Dick for setting up such a great setting. I thanked him and got a glass of punch. Not even 2 seconds later, I was lifted off my feet, and brought to the front of the group.

"Listen up everyone, I have something I'd like to say." Wally said, while everyone turned to look at him. "I'd like to thank Artemis for being there while I was in recovery, for the past week, and I'm glad I can call her my girlfriend." He turned me around, into a dip and kissed me softly.

Everyone clapped and cheered as he brought me back up to my feet. "Way to go, KF!" Robin yelled at us.

The party then went on just like a normal one would.