Chapter One: Two Hours Filled With Horror

"London?!"

I squealed happily, running over to my parents and embracing them both. "Thank you thank you thank you!"

"Jo, you have to get a job first, you know that right?" My dad said.

I sighed. "Crap."

I had been wanting to go to London for the biggest part of my life. Who didn't want to see it? It was a big city full of different people and stories. There was so much to do there.

But I never got there, having to go on holidays with my parents and sisters, who would go anywhere, literally ANYWHERE BUT LONDON. I had seen everything in the UK by the time I was sixteen, but never went to discover the damn capitol.

That's right folks.

Also, there was only a small amount of water in between Belgium and the UK, easy to cross. I could have gotten in London twenty times by now, if it hadn't been for the fact that my parents did not want to fund me.

What's that? Go get a job? Ha. Ha.

This may also be about the fact that I'm indeed a lazy idiot.

So when my parents told me that they would get me to London next year if I got a job for during last summer and throughout the school year, I was pretty excited about the whole idea. And with all my excitement, I got myself an actual job.

An actual one.

I earned money. By selling books to people. Yup.

When I saw that they searched students with part time schedules in the bookshop not far from my uni, I said to myself: You go Joanna, you're getting that job no matter what.

And I got it.

My parents were almost as surprised as I was when I got the call to say I was accepted and got the job. I should have been offended by that, but the fact that I'm saying almost as surprised as me, I think that's showing who believes less in me.

Me.

So, moving on from the miserable person I am.

Now, one year later, my parents confirmed the trip and surprised me by booking for three persons. As I was reading the confirmation mail I received from the ferry company, I frowned. I gave my mom a quick call.

"Why have you booked for three? You're not coming, are you?" I had hoped I would be parentless on this trip, live a little by myself. Even though my parents would leave me quite free on this trip, I wanted to do this without them.

"You didn't think you were going alone now, did you? Lisa and Jolene are coming along."

I groaned. "But mo-h-om," I whined. "I thought this was all about me being a big grown up girl with bal-.." I stopped talking abruptly and stared at my phone for a moment. Did I really just hear the names of my two best (and honestly only) friends?

"Wait, Lisa and Jolene?"

"Yes," mom said, and then continued, "Were you going to say you have balls?" She asked confused.

"That doesn't matter mom, I mean yeah but.. Oh my wORd!" I exclaimed, my voice reaching a high pitch. "That's amazing mom, thank you so much!"

"Don't thank me, I'm only paying your boat and hotel, their parents will pay theirs."

"Still! Thank you so much! I love you mom!"

I yelled a quick goodbye to her, throwing my phone on my bed and opening my computer. I had forgotten to hang up, and right before my mom did, she sighed: "I love you too, Jo."